Project Thread Project LS400T

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Nice job on the angle of the wastgate pipe. Lots of kits just go 90 degrees off and IMO can cause poor WG performance.

Was there originally any belt driven accessory in the way where the header goes to the turbo?

No.... the A/C compressor is about 1" away.....

Matter of fact.. the header was sent to a Hot Jet Coating shop for high temp coating. The parts will be back in two weeks.

One advantage of the Jet Hot process is you keep the heat in the pipe and stop it radiating throughout the engine bay.

This has 2 advantages.

1. it keep sthe gases hot which keeps their velocity up which in turn gives you more flow theu the turbo. More flow - more blow.

2. It helps keep under bonnet temps down which will increase the life expectancy of belts, hoses and all those plastic fittings.

And yes it does look so cool.

Turbos run on heat differences (air pressure is a symptom of heat not the other way round - in an exhaust) so keeping as much heat in the pipes BEFORE the turbo is beneficial to quicker/more boost. Cooling the exhaust directly after the turbo makes it boost quicker, making a vacuum effect.

I *personally* would try not to get the dump pipe or rest of the exhaust after the turbo coated. But I'm not a professional.

Edit: nor have I done a dump pipe in front of fanbelts.

Its breathing

Ok.. got the header installed yesterday and the car was tow to a local muffler shop and did the down pipe. The Turbo sits in a perfect position and does not affect any surrounding accessories. We did not have time to finish the inlet pippings. This will be done this weekend i hope. I the down pipe is 3" split into two 2.25". Passes under the K member and join back to 3" Y pipe and then into two 3".

No cats, just resonators and mufflers. Cant talk, but here some come pictures.

Still need the compressor pippings... Not enough time.... and few other heat prevent procedures...

That turbo placement is awesome. Well done.

How much clearance do you have under that crossmember?

My exhaust that goes under my gearbox is too low for my car and get scratched to the sh1thouse. http://v8supra.com/ypiece.jpg (BIG pic, watchout on modem) My middle muffler is even worse. Looks like I ran over Freddy Kruger, but its from the one way spikes at my work carpark.

Lex,
I am a little bit worried about your packaging of the wastegate. With no flex section in the WG plumbing and very short tubes, I fear that they will crack off in short order. When I am faced with tight packaging and no room for a true flex, I slide two pieces of tube together, one on the WG flange and one on the pipe. It provides for a little movement. The WG pipes are the most stressed in a turbo system.... Most of the time they are just warm, as the valve is closed.... they you hit your boost pressure and the valve opens and you go from 400 degrees to 1200 degrees in a few seconds!

Carl c

Update

Got my windband O2 reader, boost gauge and my laptop. Since i crashed my laptop few weeks ago. For some reasons, my laptop was unable to comunicate with the Split Second Piggy ECE.

With N/A setting, i push the car up to about 6 psi and it felt good. Tuning is the issue right now. Gotta solve my laptop device manager problem too.

The car pulls pretty hard at 6 psi..... and i can not with until the gauge read 15 psi.

Meanwhile... this car need to be driven with ease...... After driving around hot California climate (100 degree today) for about 30 minutes. The engine temperature was very good. Not as hot as i expected. I am very please with the heat shields and coating. Here are some picture of the final product. So, far i am very happy with the result...

Lextreme,

Are you going to put a box around the air filter to ensure it only gets cool air (is 100degree air cool?) as the way it is now it will be sucking in some very warm air.

i bet you like posting pics of this beast of yours knowing that eveyone one of us is drooling over it at our computer screens!

Keep up the good work!