Project Thread Project LS400T

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
does anybody have any idea how much power this system will produce. i know that no one knows for sure but im just tryin to get a ballpark figure. thanks for the feedback.

P.S. i'm glad to see there are individuals out there tryin to create a parts that will hopefully have these 1uz-fe running with some of the popular american v8 engines thanks!!!

very nice project. if i could suggest one thing though, for the intercooler, are you going to modify the bumper for more air flow, as big intercoolers like yours are a wasted of time if they have no air going through them. it could even make the car look better if done well. Also, while i'm throwing my two cents in, if you havn't bought the blow off valve yet, to consider a HKS super sequential valve. If you havn't heard one, instead of making the normal pssshhhhhh sound, they go chhh-chh-chhh-chhhh. ok, that was harder to write than i thought, but trust me, much better sound.

I will be using Tial BOV and Waste Gate. Yeah the intercooler is an issue but i would not want to cut the bumper cover. No more sleeper look. I think the cooling will be ok, most importantly i want to eliminate intercooler restriction.

Lots of progress today. I finally have some time to allocate for this project. I spent about 6 hours today to do this. Thanks to my wonderful wife baby sitting my kids. I have two, one girl and one boy.

The welding job is just to tag it right now to hold in place. I will take it to a professional to TIG welding. This is my first time, self taught welding. Not be for the first timer.

I am waiting for the wastegate flanges to come so i can finish the pipings for it. After that, i will be going to a coating shop. Here are the pictures....

Things are looking brighter now....

By the way, i wasted about twice the amount of pipes inorder to get it right.

tubulance in header

Hi this is my second post in this web. I'm concerning and that it will be much of tubulance in your header since the outlet pipe is very short and have the shape of 'T'. right after the hot gas exist from engine it with hit with the wall. I don't know how much this gonna effect performance but worry that it will . But since the diameter of the pipe is so big. I don't know how it gonna be? my opinion is that your header look more like inlet pipe than exhaust header. By the way very nice job for first-time-welding and thank for sharing all of the helpful information.

At first I was interest in supercharge the V8 but after I see your set up now I shift toward turbocharging.

Actually i used 45 degree pipes. The exhaust does comes in the collector tube in a 45 or so angle. This design is almost same as the Crown header design and Mustang crow been doing the same setup and they dont have problem with it.

If you don't already have it, you are going to need some sort of flex section if you have a wrap around header like that. If not, the thermal expansion will crack that exhaust in no time. I would suggest a flex section for the pipe that goes behind the motor.

Wast Gate

Got some progress today. The 40mm Tial waste gate is in. Lots of detail fabrications but manage to have some time tonight to finish it off. Still little work like oxygen bungs and the rest of the downpipe. After that, its off to the professional TIG welder and then coating.

Filter installed today. The compressor side is 4" and I use K&N filter. Check the pictures. All i can say is that this project is going very well.

Ok,,

Finally got some progress. Dissamble the header and took it to a local professional welder to TIG weld. I will arrange grinding and ceramic coating this or next week. I also cut the head flange for heat expansion. Here are some pictures:

Thanks..

The delay was making the flanges.... 3 months.... i was so mad.... aka pissed.... Now finally everything looking good. I mock fit the header, cross pipe and turbo header together. Here are some new pics.