Problems with LPG

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LondonBenji

Okay I am doing a little research into LPG for the 1UZ (with forced induction) but don't know much about LPG.

It seems there are a couple of issues when using LPG, especially with FI, can anyone elaborate on these and other problems and solutions to these problems?

It seems that the pressure in the tank is too low on cold days? Bare in mind I live in the UK so its cold like, all of the time. I want to run a supercharged 1UZ pushing around 500bhp or more at the wheels with an M112 (unlikely) or the Whipple 2.3l, I'm guessing I will run into problems on cold days? How can this be rectified so that it doesn't matter how cold it gets?

It seems that the best LPG systems out there are multi point injection systems, are there injectors big enough to get the required power above? Can these be run directly from a LinkPlus G3?

Can a pure LPG system only be used to start the engine or does the engine *HAVE* to be started on petrol and then switched over to LPG? Not that I have read that you can't start on LPG but I have read many places say that their system starts on petrol and then immediately switches to LPG so I am wondering if it is possible to start with pure LPG only?

Any other issues when running LPG that doesn't really get talked about?

No, you do not HAVE to have duel fuel w/ petrol to start, normally propane will do just fine. Being a gas the pressure is reduced as the temp decreases making injection less efficient. Gasoline/petrol is injected as a liquid so it doesn't suffer in this maner. I don't know what PSI a specific LPG system requires so I don't know at what temp it starts to become hard to start. My friends old system used to give him a hard time somewhere down around -15C or so I think. Once the engine warms up it will warm the fuel sufficiently and all is good. That is why petrol is commonly used to start and then switch back to propane. This table might help you out if you know what pressure you require. Seems to me that an auxilary fuel heater shouldn't be too big of a deal and just plug it in with your block heater. I don't know much about propane systems though.

If you find out let us know as this is the only reservation I have about going pure LPG as well.

propan4.jpg