prices of TCs'

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sonbum1

Ive been looking at TC for a while now and want to up grade. Why is there such a big difference in prices between say the Rod Millen (~$1000) the Dragon (~$700) and the Lextreme(~$200)

What is the stall speed, I couldn't find any info about it I have seen that 2800 # when people talk about it but I can't find the significanceof it (i.e.pros & cons)

Higher stall speed alows you to launch off the "line" quicker. For example, if your drag racing your car and you have it in drive, you press on the brakes and the gas. On your stock TQ your engine RPM will stop at around 2100 RPM's, so when you let off the brakes your engine is already at 2100 RPM's which is obviously better. So if you get your stall speed higher than when you let off the brakes your engine will already be at a higher RPM to launch you quicker. Hope that makes sense I cant think of any cons........

isnt this a con? Your car stalling frequently or tranny kicking.. I remember someone who had the precision TC was talking about that

Stall Speed check procedure: chock all wheels WELL. pull the hand brake on hard. in drive put the acellerator flat and the Tacho will settle at the T/C stall speed.

DO NOT DO THIS for any longer that 5 seconds as you are seriousleey heating you T/C and it will DIE.

It is Brutal not to be done carlessley i have heard of a 600 HP XA Holden taking out a silvia and half a shed when the handbrake slipped.

low end torque or not?

I was under the impression (I don't know why) that the higher stall speed on the TC gave you more low end torque, but it seems that lowering it only gives you abetter jump from the line if your racing it. Is that about right?

Torque remains the same. TC does not increase torque, only increases rpm at launch. The higher the rpm's, the faster the car takes off at launch.

Ryan

So there doesn't seem to be much of a benifit to adjusting the stall speed, since I'm not a racer. It seems that the adjusted stall speed would only consume more gas in day to day driving without giving me more pick-up.