Gas Prices R Crazy

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
lol.... California is worst.... however, still cheap compare to the rest of the world. I dont see the price coming down soon. China is buying petronium from Canada also. THerefore will be having an energy war with China. Greater demand.... greater prices.

I filled my car this morning and just worked out it cost US$3.86 per US gallon for Premium Unleaded.

I may have to start cuting back so I can poke the throttle.

I could start by not feeding the kids, the dogs and cut back on my wife's pre-dinner drinkd (hers only). That should cover a bit more fuel.

I think premium in California is about $2.67 per US Gallon. Still a bargain...lol.... However its was .99 Cents about 5 years ago......

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD NOW BEFORE I CRY!!!!!!

Expensive??? Jesus you guys have got it made!

Gas is about 90p a litre here, so thats GBP4.10 an Imperial Gallon (8 pints)

Makes giving my 350 ci Cobra some stick an expensive bit of fun.

M

lambo, 98 octane! i havent seen that kinda octane rate around St. Louis for a while... highest now is 92. Over here its 2.42 a gallon of premium.

Skid
I was watching something on tv the other day about gas prices in the UK, they were talking about how they keep rising the taxes on gas as to force you guys not to drive much and use the metro and other public transportation and stuff more. I think they said they were trying to do it becuase they wanted to lower polution from cars? Those prices... i dont know if i would have a car!

xirforever said:
lambo, 98 octane! i havent seen that kinda octane rate around St. Louis for a while... highest now is 92. Over here its 2.42 a gallon of premium.

Skid
I was watching something on tv the other day about gas prices in the UK, they were talking about how they keep rising the taxes on gas as to force you guys not to drive much and use the metro and other public transportation and stuff more. I think they said they were trying to do it becuase they wanted to lower polution from cars? Those prices... i dont know if i would have a car!
Mate, it's a strange mix of years ago when they realised how much could actually be raised by the government in Revenue and they haven't let it go, and then the enviromental pressures giving them more of an excuse to tax it further under the pretext of strangling car use. They've subsequently always added another 1p or so on a litre every year. It's all bollocks becuase the Gov. really doesn't give that big a **** about it, as in reality if people did abandon their cars the taxation loss would cripple the country.

Mind you it's driven technology massively to strive for more fuel efficiency which must be good really. If you burn fuel efficiently then you have effectively a performance engine. All you need to do then is make it bigger, and add turbos! ;)

M

Gas prices have been so bad that i've been driving my CAMRY around lately! Nothing beats a 4 Cylinder that gets about 25 MPG. haha. (Unless getting seen in it)

Xirforever, Over here we have a choice of 91,96,98 but the quality we are told by those that know is not that good compared to that overseas, the Government here just slapped another 5c pl on as addtional tax to help pay for roads, mainly to improve the Auckland motorway system, the motorway in Auckland stops 5km from the city at around 3pm and doesn't free up until about 7pm, its known locally as the car park, public transport is virtually non existant so everyone takes the car, and j*** imports are so cheap people have 4-5 cars per family, makes you wonder what the town planners were doing 20 years ago, it certainly was't planning.
Regards
Lambo

yeah i definately bought a v-8 that requires premium at the wrong time. I drive my dad's corolla around occassionaly getting close to 40mpg highway and i feel like a hog driving my lexus and getting almost half that and paying for premium fuel. I may have to go the same route and look for a nice 2000 or so with a manual transmission and the vvt-i, 1zz-fe.

more and more i think about going full LPgas .39litreAUD compared to 1.19litreAUD in Melbourne last i filled up, mine is currently set up on duel fuel but i'm sure it would go heaps better if set up to run soley on LPG.i might drive less or buy a VERY fuel efficient car for daily comuting but i will always own a hot type car, depends how much it costs to run compared to how often it gets used.

If you live on Sydneys North Shore you have the pleasure of paying 15% more for your fuel tan people living 10kilometres away.

I drove to Canberra and back today (round trip about 550k'a) and filled up this morning in the southern suburbs on PULP at AUD$1.07 and filled up again at the Servo across the raod (both Shell) this afternoon at AUD$1.13. 6 cents in one day!

Of interest I was in my wife's CLK500 and it averaged just under 9litres per 100K, that's about 29mpg at a steady (on cruise) 120kph or 75mph.

Whilst driving I was playing with the trip computer and I know that the car has been driven for a little under 300 hours for just over 10,000k's at an average speed of 36KMH! and used fuel at the rate of 16.2litres per 100K. That means we've averaged about 22mph for every hour we've sat in the car and used fuel at the rate of 16mpg.

At current (North Shore) fuel prices it costs about AUD$22.20 per 100k's just for fuel.