Election - Gas prices: Are they related?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

stevechumo

Several months before the election, the gas prices have dropped a lot. However, the gas prices immediately rise roughly $.10 only 1 day after the election. Are they related?

I'm not a politician or any kind like that, but I'm wondering if the incidents are closely related or just co-incidents. So are we expecting the gas prices will sky-rocket to an additional $1. Any inputs?

Please keep your inputs in a nice way so that none of us will be offended politically. :no:

too bad if people are offended politically.

you can;t discuss politics and NOT rub someone up the wrong way - it's like an oxymoron or something.

short answer - yes with an "if".
long answer - no with a "but".

there is no such thing as "coincedence" in politics. no matter how much red tape tries, the leading party will always have an effect on interest rates, fuel levies etc etc.

how you ask?

i'm going to mention one word - "float" - and if i say anymore, i'd be tracked and shot. unfortunately, that is very grey but you may or may not get the hint (if there is one at all).

sorry.

Yes they are related. Figures measure 87 was shot down. But hey with all the money from Chevron feeding the anti 87 commercials the uninformed would naturally vote their way like lemmings.

Steve, I know the proposition to clean up the California oil and refinery plants have passed, restrictions etc... will go into effect regulating the plants emissions..This will cost millions which reflects in higher gas prices for us.....I think that one proposition passing made the gas prices rise....It sets regulations on plants, more or less a cleaner air act if I am not mistaken.. I think that may have something to do with it, and not the elections...It's the propositions.......

E-solver- The Democrats taking the majority vote in house is not a necessarily good thing as it is going to put a stop or stuggle to pass agenda's and policies on both sides of the parties (republican and democratic) Democratic party tries to pass the President Veto's, visa versa...The Country will be basically at a stand still for the next two years in my opinion... Get a Democratic President in office then things will really start changing for all the those pro Democratic's....

My stand is neutral for both parties and I am not divided like our countries leaders are...I think this whole Democratic and Rebublican struggle divides the country and stinks...Just my opinion.. Constant negative media coverage and influence fuels anger and promotes the change which again I think is a problem in this world...Not enough positive media coverage is shown, why because it does not promote good ratings...People tune into the bad stuff being shown..Biased media coverage is crap....

Of course politics does have some effect on fuel prices... why else would we currently be paying $7 a gallon here in the uk for the 'same' fuel as everyone else.

if you think thats bad, a few months ago we were paying $9 a gallon for super unleaded (thats our slightly better than standard stuff, its not race fuel or anything silly)

Politics definately effects fuel prices... our fuel is soooo expensive because it is taxed. currently they tax each litre 50.9 pence ($3.66 a gallon) and then charge an additional 17.5% tax on the whole total.

So we actually pay $2.11 a gallon for our fuel and $4.89 a gallon in tax... lovely.

That means a $130 bill for filling up on basic fuel in an LS400 let alone 'super' or premium.

Sorry my rant over :rant:

Of course politics does have some effect on fuel prices... why else would we currently be paying $7 a gallon here in the uk for the 'same' fuel as everyone else.

if you think thats bad, a few months ago we were paying $9 a gallon for super unleaded (thats our slightly better than standard stuff, its not race fuel or anything silly)

Politics definately effects fuel prices... our fuel is soooo expensive because it is taxed. currently they tax each litre 50.9 pence ($3.66 a gallon) and then charge an additional 17.5% tax on the whole total.

So we actually pay $2.11 a gallon for our fuel and $4.89 a gallon in tax... lovely.

That means a $130 bill for filling up on basic fuel in an LS400 let alone 'super' or premium.

Sorry my rant over :rant:
I heard everything is a lot more expensive in the U.K. than in U.S. So the gas price isn't exeptional. I believe there're many factors that make the living in your country is more expensive. It'll take countless hours to list them down and debate. :Eyecrazy:

I got so busy lately so I didn't pay attention to voting. I don't know what propositions really help my interests or the people at large. I know that I should have.

Steve, if you ever happen to get the chance to travel thru Europe like I have, you will see maybe 95% of all cars are 4 cylinder smaller import cars....Why? I think because of the higher gasoline prices, and secondly there simply just not alot of open roads and land for hotrodders in general....The UK especially...

The steering wheels are also all on the passenger side of the cars...A real challenge to drive those roads with the wheel on the left for the first time...Be prepared to hit the curbs on right turns, and those millions of round abouts can also get a little sticky....