Please welcome my son John!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
Please extend a warm Lextreme welcome to my son John who just joined our community as "cribsterj"

JJ (nickname) continues the tradition of Supra ownership in our family, and has a very nice '94 Blk/Blk car with A/T transmission.

At the moment his car is at BPU level (tweaked boost plus a FMIC), and he's interested in dumping the twin peashooters, and putting a big single on it.

I'm trying to convince him of the error of his ways, since I just happen to have a spare UZ motor :)

Welcome Jr. Your daddy is a legend in here. Hope u will enjoy the forum. You are one lucky young man. Not too many people at your age have a MKIV Supra. Your dad is a wiseman and I would listen to him 100%.

Last edited:
Can this Forum support two John Cribb's???

Welcome and I hope you can contibute a fraction of what your Dad has to the Forum.

UZ power rules!

Hey John nice to have another Cribb around. That's a sweet car you have and it's the best color too. I've always been a fan of them. When it comes to engines the 1UZ is a hard one to resist!

Right on, I discovered this forum and it pushed me over the edge - to start on a 1UZ to put into my Tacoma. It was a dream until I met all these guys! No one knows it all, just some more than others but we're all here to learn. We all love Supras... someday I see myself maybe having one? I used to like the NSX the best but I would rather take a Supra turbo I think if it came down to it. :)

And we all love picture to so post some up of your ride when you have a chance! Mmmm Supra....

A friend of mine bought a PERFECT low miles used Touring 350Z and we're picking it up in a day or two when he gets back in from town. To me its basically a smaller Supra but I like the Toyota interior "cockpit" better. Man yours is a turbo? Pretty awesome. I hope you have lo-jack in it. :)

Thanks everyone for the welcome, sometime in the future i hope to contribute to the forum, but i am still learning a lot about the supra and car stuff in general
Welcome on board!!! I'm sure you'll get all the love and respect on here just as your Dad. Since your Dad already has the supercharged Supra, putting a turbocharged 1UZ in yours will be unique.

I find the best way to discover the "error" in our ways is to make the error.

As far as the 2jz vs 1uz that is a tough decision. I would probably keep the 2jz and find an SCx for the 1uz project.

I wonder how close a Supra front clip comes to fitting an SC?

On second thought maybe getting John Sr's project done (or at least running) may be a better focus ;)

On second thought maybe getting John Sr's project done (or at least running) may be a better focus ;)

Hear, hear! :)

And because JJ is now on his way back to his AFB in OK, I'll help out and post a pic of him and his '94 Supra:

IMG_3574Medium.jpg

Last edited:
Aerotop, nice, just like mine. I say first step has to be a manual conversion!

Id keep the 2JZGTE to be honest, massive power potential and rpm potential and very known path to whatever power you want.

Keep the TT as it is and get a SC400 and play with. Saw one today one ebay for $750 with no reserved and no bid. It has little electrical issue and only 4 miles from my place.

That car is almost too nice to modify heavily ya know? It's more like a touring car with the automatic tranny. I think you guys need to build a race car. :) Or buy an LS400 and make a crazy sleeper like D suggested. But I have to admit there is almost nothing sweeter than seeing a Supra do a burnout down the road.

Senior, you're a texan that lets your boy move to OK?

glad to have both of you here,
and JJ, your dad has an amazing wealth of info to share