Pinging

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

White ls400

I shouldv posted this a while ago but a pm i got reminded me, The way i got rid of my pinging was taking the whole inlet manifold off and soaking in degreaser for several days as it was basically full of crap, My mechanic leads me to beleive that the pinging is caused by a bit extra oil from the valve cover entering the inlet via the pcv valve due to my engine being fairly well used 285000kms. The reason being is that the oil lowers the octane rating of the fuel due to contamination causing pinging and lack of power the reason it is only at low rpm is because the knock sensors cut in at 1400 rpm i beleive.
Also if the proves right possibly a oil breather or catch can set up may bring back that lost power perhaps?

Some spray with carb cleaner while engine is running...
It won't fix it though. Unless you fit an oil separator..
On both pcv and inlet breather...
Don't run engine's oil too full.
Maybe down alittle...
Check fuel filter, pump, fuel delivery...

with the oil air seperator they have to be vented dont they so they dont pressurise? That also would be illegal in aus i think?

with the oil air seperator they have to be vented dont they so they dont pressurise? That also would be illegal in aus i think?
NO vent them to air cleaner... Or std position on throttle body..
Yes EPA engines cannot be vented to atmo legaly.. You see many that are though..

Yeah, you can re-route the seperator back to the intake. The best thing to do is to get the seperator as far from the engine bay heat as possible. The cooler you keep the seperator, the better it will work. The oil vapors that are being sucked out of the engine condense back to liquid oil when they hit a cooler surface or air. If you can keep the seperator significantly cooler, then the vapors will condense in the seperator before being sucked into the intake... The only other thing is to make sure to check and drain the seperator periodically...

i was going to tuck it in the guard somewhere, the only way a setup like this could over pressurize would be pretty much a piston disintergrating? and the inlet breather do you mean the bit were the hose coming off the pcv joins the inlet?