need help with pinging

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
i checked scanner today after a very hot day

the temp at back of engine was 112 degrees and it slowly went up to 117 degrees and was pinging badly

so i figured the radiator aint cooling good enough

so i fitted a nissan sr20t radator to my hilux this arvo

was easy and very neat fit

i have pics but need to post them somewhere

now the temps stay below 104 degrees so i hope it cures my prob

just remember the scanner measures coolant temp sensor so since the sensor is at back of block its about 5 or 10 degrees hotter than the radiator

i hope it was just a cooling problem cause at 117 degrees thats bad temp and bad pinging

50*advance? hhmmmm.... about 20* too much I would think. coupled with heat = bad news. You did have a cooling problem. I assume the timing is set per factory specs? Maybe knock sensor not working?
Timing is one of those things that will cause detonation with either too much or not enough advance. even with 100* intake temp, timing can be set up to prevent detonation. I would be pretty concerned about those timing readings and their validity. Out with the timing light!

well theres nothin i can do with the timing

its set at 10 degrees at idle

only thing i can do is wait till i get a job on a standard 1uz and plug my snap on scanner into it and see what it does

then i can compare my 1uz to a stock untouched 1uz

but i have tried 2 ecus so it seems like its normal to have so much timing

the kinock sensor does work
it shows its working on the scanner

If the knock sensor was in fact doing its real job, it wouldn't ping. OEM ecu's like to wind the timing all the way out till it gets a faint ping then backs off till it stops. It will pick up ping before you do that is. Correct me if I am wrong, the sensors is under the inlet manifold (it is for crown) :(
50* is way too much whichever way you look at it!
-Troy

50 is too much i know but what can i comnpare it too
il just wait till i come across a std 1uz with obdII plug and plug my scanner

this is the prob with *** engines

gettin hold of a 1uz in standard trim

so at the moment i cant say if 50 degrees timing is wrong
or maybe my scanner is reading wrong

ill just play round with mine till i work on one i can test

i have no results or tests to compare mine to

std timing at idle is ok so what ever happens after that is up the the commodore 64 under the dash hehehhe