pics of sc drive belt routing..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

zen

as above..just some pics of the placement/construction of drive pulleys, the ones needed to route belt up to sc please..

spent ages looking,cant find any pics on here now i want them..i know they are here though..

talking of 6 rib standard belt. thanks

I downloaded these back in the BC (Before Crash) time period :)

Hmm, in previewing these, they're sorta in jumbled format, but I'll try to explain.

The first diagram with the supercharger drive belts angling down the engine's right side is an example of bad wrap both on the SC and the dampner. If you have a stock six rib setup, and plan to have much boost at all this is probably going to slip.

The diagram with the belts angling down to the engine's left side is how most people do it.

The blue engine is Jordy's Ski Boat's setup. The UZ without the distributor covers belongs to Lance, and is in a GT40 replica.

I threw Cobber's alternator relocation pic in just because.

The bottom diagram is just the OEM belt routing for reference

Attachments

• Bad Wrap.JPG
    Bad Wrap.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 30
  • belt routing.jpg
    belt routing.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 27
  • cobber belt.jpg
    cobber belt.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Good Wrap.JPG
    Good Wrap.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Joel's belt routing.JPG
    Joel's belt routing.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Lance's Belt.JPG
    Lance's Belt.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Serp Routing.JPG
    Serp Routing.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 23
thanks for that...so looks like i have to remove cam belt covers etc to run sc...hmm..dont like that..its a 4x4 possible mud water situations

seen another with two small idler pulleys where top one went?it routes the belt up from them in an upside down u shape eitherside of the radiator pipe on block..anyone info on that (pics)...(i cant find it again..and i have looked and looked)

thanks

Why/how did you come to the conclusion you have to remove timing belt covers or distributor covers? Did you see the pic of Jordy's blue engine? All front covers are in place.

I don't recall the other pic you're searching for, and I've studied most of the SC belt routings that are on this site (but then my memory isn't what it once was either!)

cos..well a few reasons..

mine still has rad oulets on block,blue engine does not seem to have one..and my sc snout is more to the right bringing the belt nearer to the right cam/dizzy..

you state bringing the belt out angled to the right is not good..and bringing to the left goes right across cam cover and dizzy..hense need to remove them,which would not be ideal...

correct me please if i got wrong end of stick so to speak..

i may be wrong but i think superrunner posted a pic of his pulleys somewhere...i will try to find them...

Last edited:
here ya go.

I will also might get a snout mounted pulley as well. I plan on running a smaller pulley, which may slip. The snout mounted would wrap the belt around close 90% of the surface, if not more.

mm12_engine1.jpg

thanks for that....i see now..how did you reroute your top rad hose ?abit of trick weldery??

Here's what I have done. I'm not running air conditioning.

Had to weld a 45 degree bend in the radiator outlet on the water bridge

P1050352.jpg

Attachments

• IMGP1093.JPG
    IMGP1093.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMGP1094.JPG
    IMGP1094.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMGP1096.JPG
    IMGP1096.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 74