Pajero V8

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

pajman

I have finally started my Pajero V8 project .Have bought a front sump '96 1UZ ,knowing that a mid or rear sump will fit better, but these motors are so versatile I figured on getting a mid sump or rear sump and swap the sumps to suit .Trouble is the mid will need work to fit and the rear are rare !
Have bolted up the bell housing to the Pajero box ,this is much the same work as swapping Hilux and Surf housings as the Mitsi box is the same as the Lexus . Have done a trial fit of the mid sump ,I can make a steel pan to suit .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 117
One query I do have is ,as my old motor was diesel there is no fuel pump in the tank.I was thinking of getting an external one to mount in the engine bay , or near the fuel tank.what psi do I need and what do you guys reckon on where to fit. I don't want to mess around putting one in the tank

I have three rear sumps at the moment. See trade me for an intank fuel pump kit. They are much better than externals which arw not designed to suck fuel from the tank. Cheers

I'll take a look at the tank today and see if an internal one is able to be fitted. I like the 90 litre tank that's there ,although it'll be a small mortgage to fill. What sort of dollars do you want for your rear sump .

Your internal conversion looks good , I'll budget for that.I'm still in the setting up phase right now , I want to get the sump sorted , then make sure I have the the wiring right , run it ,then work out the engine mounts.

Heres a couple of pics of changing a mid sump to rear (just a mock up at this point). The bottom pan is my original front The other pic is the oil pick up that will be extended and the filter turned 180 degrees. Its still a work in progress as this set up still hits the front diff. I'm thinking an actual rear sump may still hit so making my own bottom pan to weld to the grey plate in the pic may be the go.

Attachments

• Sump mockup.jpg
    Sump mockup.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Oil pickup.jpg
    Oil pickup.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 69
Well I have made up a steel sump that seems to work out not too bad . Ill get it welded up tomorrow .Still want a factory rear sump to do the job ,but this will do for now .Ill post a pic tomorrow .

Heres my "mock-up sump" to check for clearances.Pretty happy so will get the motor running to try it out then trial fit it to sort out the mounts and exhaust

Attachments

• Sump.jpg
    Sump.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 72
Have fired the motor up , took a bit of figuring out that the coils needed 12 volts. Excuse the poor picture but just had to hear it go
th_TheV8.jpg

sorry about all the confusing text , my download wasnt working .............now it does!! But what Ill do is get the motor running again soon and use my Ipad ..........much better than my old phone

Here's a resistor I'm going to try out on my project , have read a few threads and most people seem to say to not worry about using the resistor when running the fuel pump. I'm thinking the resistor is there to give longer life to the pump so I'm gonna try it out it just means an extra relay . These resistors are only 4 bucks so worth the little wiring hassle I reckon to look after the pump

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
So from "Im thinking of doing this" to "Here`s my car starting up" in 2 pages ? Well done bud !
Some pics of the conversion here ??

The sump thing ? You have probably done right with a large sump and BIG capacity. I always prefer that over stock..

Haha I'm still messing around in the garage with the motor in an engine stand , I'm wanting to sort any electrical issues then hopefully these holidays I'll get the the engine in to work out mounts and exhaust . I've made up plugs that will mean it'll be just a case of mounting the ECU and relay/fuse box then plug in and switch on. I just had to start it up to hear how good these motors are.

I looked at the link and know this company, not very honest in their dealings. Always have to wait for your parts and a million excuses as to why nothing had been done yet. I went there myself to go see why my custom flywheel was not complete after 3 months AND pre paid for. I was met by this very big chap who was extremely aggressive when I indicated I was there to pick up my flywheel that I had ordered and paid for three months back.
A further two months later and a friend picked it up on my behalf.

What I have concluded with this company is that they do a specific type of 4x4 conversion and if you require anything other than what they are used to making for this certain conversion, it`s a pain in the ass for them to do so.

Water or laser cut your flange, fabricate the rest your self. That is what I have done for my turbo conversion.

On a side note here, I looked at the engine mount in the picture on their site. It looks like an 80`s Ford V6 engine mount they are using ?? If so, way inadequite !!