Opel Omega 1JZ-GTE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

INTJ

Hi,

I happened across this site by accident after a google search brought me here, as unknown to me somebody had posted a pic of my car in another thread :-

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2787

Just thought I would throw up a more few pics of my Opel Omega (Holden Commodore/Cadillac Catera) with a 1JZ-GTE swapped in. I live in Thailand which is engine swappers paradise.

I did away with the stock twins, as they were intefering with the brake servo, and its now a TD-08.

I am somewhat limited as I am only using an EVO FMIC which just sits nicely, without too much hacking around. RB26 would be better but a bit of an ordeal to get it in and make it look nice. Because of this I make more power at 1.3 bar than 1.5.

For engine management (to get A/F ratios right) I use Greddy E-Manage. I think it is impossible to use a stand alone ECU as the factory unit is needed to control the autobox.

SARD 550cc injectors, 3 Bosch fuel pumps.

I had some problems at higher boost, this was traced back to the cheap wastegate, I just replaced it with an expensive Trust one. Now it boosts up to 1.5 no worries.

3" stainless straight through, no cats and no silencer boxes.

HKS electronic variable boost controller.

Brakes Skyline R33.

Has taken me a long time to iron out all the niggles, but the car is running well and is very quick. Also sounds fantastic.

Any comments most welcome.

INTJ.