oil system question???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

trav-tech

Im not sure if this is the right forum to be posting this question in or not. But anyways Im swaping a 1u into a '89 ford ranger. Im going to make an oil filter relocation adaptor plate with two weld on AN-8 fillings on it to (ran into fitment isses with the stock filter location). What I need to know is which hole is the in and which is the out, so I can hook the lines up the correct way. I have some pics posted of my progress @ http://www.desertrides.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4860&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=165

ok thanks for that link. although the pics didnt come up for me so i still dont know which is which. i tried searching but it comes up with 15 random threads which i could spend 3 weeks reading thru to still not find the answer to my question. so could someone please just type the few words to answer my question? rather than spending the time to type out a post telling me its been talked obout before. when the question could have just as easily been anwsered in the same or less key strokes. Thanks

Trying to describe in words, which port is which will probably only confuse the issue, however since you asked:

The port on the oil pump which is "furthest" away from the oil pump's mating surface with the block is the discharge of the pump, and it goes to the filter.

The port "closest" to the pump's mating surface with the block is the return from the oil filter, and this goes to the main oil gallery in the motor.

If this isn't clear enough, PM me your email address and I'll send you the pics that'll answer your question.

Also, I'd chill a bit if I were you..... if you want help from people here, we're normally a pretty friendly bunch and like to help, but we don't tolerate "attitudes" so leave it at the door..... 'K? :grouphug: