Oil Pump Mod / Prelube System

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone had the oil pump off their motor and taken some detailed pics? I want to put a prelube system on my 1UZ and am hoping the oil pump housing has a blocked port or boss that could be used for this. I need access to the suction side of the pump, where it's pulling oil up from the pickup.

Here's a pic of the 2JZ oil pump that I modified a couple years ago for the same thing. The 2JZ oil pump had two bosses that Toyota conveniently put there for my purpose. The lower, blue 45 degree fitting is coming off the suction side of the oil pump - I ran this to an external Mocal pump, then fed the discharge of the Mocal through a check valve, then back to that upper red/blue banjo fitting.

My 1UZ motor (and its oil pump) are at the builders shop which is a fair distance from me ATM, so I'm trying to do all this by "remote control" :veryhappy

Thanks David!!!

If that pump is still off the motor, is there any chance of getting a photo of the flange/boss just below the oil filter adaptor mount? I've pointed it out in your photo below. This looks like it goes to the inlet of the pump, but I also think it might be the port to access the oil pump pressure relief/regulating valve?

John,

The flange you are after is this picture:
attachment.php

Sorry David, I think what I'm looking for is "just" starting to show in the upper left hand corner of that pic, but it doesn't fully show it. Is that the pressure regulating valve port?
Thx,

John

Thanks Peewee & MaxPower; my bad.
So back to the flange that David was pointing out earlier - that looks like one port comes from the pump discharge, and the other port goes to the main oil galley; where do these ports actually go?

John
(Wishing I'd done the motor teardown myself now)

Talk about fast service; David's oil pump arrived this afternoon. That's 2 days from LA to Houston! Many thanks to him for sending it, so I could have a closer look.

Bottom line, Lexus didn't provide the bosses/fittings that I need for my prelube system, as Toyota did for the 2JZ motor.

What it's missing is an access port to the suction side of the oil pump, so I'll have to knock a new hole in the upper oil pan and drop in a suction line from there. I'll take some more detailed photos of this thing, including the internals, and will post them later.

John

Nice work John. Looks like you identify the whole oil pump anatomy. I am glad u make it useful instead sitting in my garage for years now. From what i can see the oil pump is very reliable. I havent heard of any failure yet.