Independant Oil System

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
What do u guys think of this setup for remote and low mount. Assume the reservior tank is 4" x 12". That should hold about 4-5 quarts along with oil cooler and other lines add up about 6-7 quarts. Would this system allow enough cooling?

oil.bmp

David, it looks interesting, but how are you going to get the oil away from the turbo and back into the tank?

You have a pressure feed system, but I think you'll still need a scavenge pump to get the oil back into the tank because the turbo is mounted so low.

But with the rear mount, do you have enough space to mount a tank under, or lower than, the turbo? For sure, the lines have to be short and straight for a gravity drain to work OK.

Depending on vacuum from pump?? Its best to put breather from oil tank so there's no vacuum on turbo seals...
With correct electric gear box oil cooler pump.. What can be used is engines oil pressure to feed turbo.. Though a .045
restrictor if ballbearing turbo... Then use elec pump to return oil to rocker cover... Negating the need to drill and tap oil pan....

One of these directly off turbo with oil fed to from engine... The return can go to rocker cover via this pump....These work on our Ford Boss 290 5.4 V8 engines runing two rear mount behind bellhousing...
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...part=TIL-40-524&N=700+400017+115&autoview=sku

What did you do to quiet the pump down? I have tried this before and have one of the pumps laying around. It worked well, but the vibration from the pump was very annoying and louder than the engine it was on.

Thanks
Watty

What did you do to quiet the pump down? I have tried this before and have one of the pumps laying around. It worked well, but the vibration from the pump was very annoying and louder than the engine it was on.

Thanks
Watty

I have one of these also. It's mounted in my Supra and I use it to prelube the motor before starting. You're right, it's one noisy pump, even with the rubber mounts. I don't mind the vibration too much because I run the pump only once before I start the car after it's sat for six weeks. It doesn't run with the engine running. I don't know that I could put up with the noise if it had to run continuously.

I think those cheap rubber bushing mounts could be improved with some "real" antivibration mounts from McMaster or others.