Odd problem with start relay in Surf

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Udlman

I have an odd problem (well I think I do). I have disconnected the original sirf starter relay and am wiring in a new one for the 1uz. Now the problem that I have is that with the black wire disconnected from the relay and from the plug at the ign switch I am getting a constant 12v when the key is in the ON position. I know that the wire is the correct one as I have belled it out a couple of times to make sure. What I don't understand is that all the diagrams that I have show that there is no other connections to this wire (the big black one) anywhere between the ign switch and the relay. Does anyone have any Idea where this leak back may be coming from.

I have bypassed the black wire atm and am just running straight from the switch to the relay.

Brad.

Double checked and double double checked. I can't see what it is without pulling the loom out.

Another problem that I have come up with today and it has got me stumped as well is that now it runs, and runs well, but won't stop. You turn the key off and the IGSW drops to 0v, but the MREL stays at 12v. I have tried to put a diode in the line to stop any back feed but that failed to do anything.

I have noticed that if the motor isn't running and you turn the ign on the MREL will turn on and off via the key.

Is there anything else that can hold the MREL on while the motor is running??

Bad

Still have the first problem, but have bypassed it. 2nd one was fixed by taking the 12v used for B and B1 through a relay controlled by the same circuit which controls IGSW.

Attachments

• P1010055 (Large).jpg
    P1010055 (Large).jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 11
  • P1010057 (Large).jpg
    P1010057 (Large).jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 10