Odd issue :(

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lill daddy

Odd issue :( (solved)

Hey guys,

Have been running my 1uz conversion for about 2 years now... drove it to my brothers all was fine went to pick it up a few days later and it wouldnt start well not properly anyway... it would keep turning over for ages and only stay running on the starter... eventually it would stay running but as soon as you put load on the motor it would back fire and carry on...so i pulled the dizzy caps and rotors off and both rotors were cracked through the mounting screws and looked like sh!t so replaced and just tried to fire it again.... same problem...hard to start back firing etc... stays idling and sounds like its on all 8 though... what is really strange is that it is giving me a CEL but when i bridge the terminals the light wont flash and give me a code???? ive never had a problem with getting codes before...

its a early model motor in a hiace with the wiring professionally done by Gloverman...

any help would be much appreciated

Last edited:
well i took the risk and turned the key.... and.... you beauty!!! she's alive and happy again...
would still like to know the difference in ecu's though if anyone can shed some light... i also pulled the old ecu apart expecting to see leaking caps ect but it looks fine......

The bigger ECU you have got will be from a UZS141 crown. The basic engine running stuff is the same. There are a few differences in the auxilary stuff like a/c , fan solenoid etc. Yours was a auto wasnt it? Been a while. If it is auto I would expect it to throw a trans oil temp code. If its manual then it will work fine. I had a stack of 6 narrow 40,40,40 ecus at work recently from two weeks of work. We see them fail alot. I suspect the issue you have will be a short within the board. Often between the ignition and stepper circuits. I was doing one and after some checking found it fired random sparks whenever it moved the stepper. Sometimes it started sometimes it didnt.

I haven't had a chance to road test it yet... but yeah I'm running the auto... if it does throw a code what would be your recommendation? Can a put a resistor in to trick the ecu? Or are you able to test/repair the old one? Thanks for your help kelvin

looks like im sending up my old ecu HAHA you were right on the money after a bit of driving today the OD light started flashing at me... pulled a code of 38 i think whatever that is.... you want to pm me what sort of cost im looking at for test/repair on the old unit?

cheers
Adam

So am doing the long haul from chch to Auckland and back and was wondering if running the ecu which throws the trans oil temp code will be okay... what does it actually do running wise while it has this code? I bought the old ecu with me and may drop of to you Kelvin if your going to be around somewhere between now and the 4th Jan?

The crown one should drive fine and not cause any issues. The code is for the trans temp sensor. I have a stock of rebuilt soarer ecus sitting here at the moment. Offically closed until the 13 but if you have my cell number still you might be able to catch up with me.

might have to but some christmas cash in ya pocket if the timing works :) thanks for the info... made it to picton without missing a beat...... so fingers crossed till you can hook me up HAHA