Obd1 honda chipped p28 able to run a 1uzfe?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

poorsupra

A buddy of mine is a diehard honda guy(I daily a honda too) however the other day while talking shop I was explaining the need to go full standalone with my 1uz turbo in order to better utilize the setup. He proposed an idea, since the lex is wasted spark, why couldn't you run a chipped p28 honda Ecu? It's map sensor, very tuner friendly. It wouldn't be As sophisticated as an aem box but it could possibly work. I'm no wiring guru by any means, I am simply a 1uz owner looking for answers. I'm sure I'm probably over looking something. But if anyone has any insight on problems or concerns please chime in.

Flame suit is on.

lol flame suit needed. you need a engine management system for 8 cylinders to start off with. Sooo much wrong wit hthis idea I can't even begin other than to say that.

you can batch fire the 1uz. people do it all the time. honda aem boxes arent new to 1uz.

please go on, what other issues would you like to address?

He must be meaning Honda is a waste, all it needs is gas all over it and a good spark
Regarding P28 ECU, I have only one suggestion - urinate and burn it. At least you will have fun. Trying to use cheap stuff for engine upgrade only involves increasingly bigger money and gives no fun in return

@ poorsupra, that would be a giant step backwards going to batch fire from wasted spark. it would be horribly crude to tune, very inefficient, and in the end you would get less tunability, reliability, and power than out of the oem computer with a cheap piggyback. Plus far less time and money. Oem computer costs nothing and you can get a cheap fuel box for around 100$
plus you would end up with a pwm limit once you went to larger injectors creating a idle that will be very very unstable

Last edited:
one of the reasons oem vehicles are able to run much bigger injector now without idle issues is because they have gone to sequential injection which keeps pwm down to a minimum. Going to batch means that your pwm is going to have to be divided up between all of the injectors making the injection time so small that nothing happens. being that the Honda system is intended for a four cylinder it makes the problems even worse. and while yes, you can make it work. So do carbeurators and we know how inefficient they are and how limited they are.

At least my suggestion is much more reasonable than trying to make that stuff run 1UZ. Turns out it's better to drink VODKA than be a HONDA fan.

it would be much easier to run it on an ls1 ecu
I would do it if someone gave me a couple of grand