obd1 1UZ-FE to MA71 wireing how too

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jake Breyck

Wiring Conversion for 1uz into a MA71 (Non Turbo) Supra.

Warning: it is very likely that there will be Major differences if the car and engine are not from the same years as mine. I used a 91 supra and a 92 1uz.

Warning 2: I'm not a wiring expert, and i take no responsibility for something that may go wrong on your car, You are on your own

This wiring how to is only to get the car running, it does not include ac. or gauges. as i did not hook those up on my car. If anyone would like to add this information please feel free

You will need your fuse box connector and dash connector cut from your 7m engine harness.

Fuse box plug:
fuseboxconnector.jpg

Cut the Fuse box connector from the 7m harness and cut off the 1uz connector and wire the 7m connector onto the 1uz harness as follows.

Lexus V8 wiring harness MA71 Fuse box

Black / Yellow Black / Yellow + Orange bands
Black / Orange Black / Orange
Black / Red Black / Red

These two wires come out of the harness with the fuse box connector, Extend them back around to the ecu plug to use with the next step.

Black (Extend to Dash connector)
Black / Orange (Extend to Dash connector)

Cut the dash connector from the 7m harness and also remove the 1z dash connector and wire the 7m connector as follows.

Ecu to dash connector:
dashconnector.jpg

MA71 Dash connector Lexus V8 Dash connector

Gray Black / Orange + Silver bands
Black / Yellow + Silver bands Black / White + Silver bands
Red / Black Red / Black

Orange / Black Orange / Black (Extended from front of engine harness)

this wire goes to 2 places...
Black / Blue + Orange band Black (Extended from front of engine harness) And Black on ecu plug the black wire is the 4th wire from the end on the bottom row on right side of the ecu. I dont have a picture of this yet but i will.

Alt:
The alternator is very easy, the wires are the same color on the 1uz alt harness as they are on the 7m harness but the alt is located on the opposite side of the motor, extend these wires around, ran mine along with the headlight harness that runs under the radiator support, this way the wiring is well hidden and away from moving parts on the front of the motor. remember use a heavy gauge wire for the main alt power wire. adding in a connector is a good idea as well if you ever have to take the motor out, i scavenged off a 3 wire connector from another harness.

This is also mirrored on my website at http://www.jakebreyck.com/Articals/1uzwireing/

um with what i know now i can take a look at the ae86 harness and figure it out. im also doing this swap to my ae86, but its getting a dfi and a custom chassis harness. so my wireing will be one of a kind. although i do have a buddy that im helping with his ae86 and he has a complete harness and ive seen the wireing diagrams around, so it shouldnt be much diffrent then the supra.

cool man! Glad to see another hachi guy here! My goal is for a near factory swap in a hachi. im sure your setup will be better performance wise. Just a running 1UZ will do for me! Yea I really need some guidance on where to connect the engine harness wires to. Yor guide for the supra gives me a rough idea, but i dont know what the components are on the 1UZ harness. If I knew what they were i could use the wiring book to trace them out for the hachi's dash harness & fusebox. Plz help man!

hey do you the infomration as to what the wires you are adapting are for? I am doing research to figure out the conversion into an MA61 (yea, lots different than MA71) and am wondering what functions are needed to be converted for the 1UZ in the MA71. I have a fairly good knoeledge of the differences in MA71 and MA61 and can learn from there. If you hvae the info, thanks. If not, ill find out somehow.

Adding my contribution to this thread. This wiring information is from my conversion using a 1987 Supra Turbo (7M-GTE) MkIII and installing a 1992(1993) SC400 1UZ-FE w/R154 transmission and the 1993 ECU. This is a rough draft and some information still needs to be filled in, however it should get anyone started with this type of conversion. HVAC (A/C and heat) were not wired back in at this time.

This conversion will require the 7M-GTE wiring harness engine bay fuse box connector and dash connector. Other connectors may be required as well such as the oil pressure sensor and water temp sensor connectors

The same warnings Jake gave above apply to this wiring information as well. I am not responsible for your mistakes or the damage, personal or property, that may follow from using this information. Use this information at your own risk.

1987 Supra -> 1993 1UZ-FE Wiring Conversion

• Interior
    • Supra
      • M1
        • Pin 7 – Gray/Green -> 1UZ ECU Blue/Yellow (add pin number)
        • Pin 9 – Brown -> Ground to Intake (Water temp. gauge ground)
        • Pins 3&4 – Backup light switch wiring from R154
        • Pin 8 – Yellow/Black -> 1UZ harness 20 (23?) pin orange connector pin 20 Yellow/Black w/Gold bands
        • Pin 6 – Yellow/Green (water temp.) -> Pin 9 Yellow/Green (add connector name/desc.)
        • Pin 1 – Black -> Pin 8 Black (add connector name/desc.)
    • 1UZ
      • Orange 20 (23?) pin connector
        • Pin 1 – Brown -> White 12 pin connector Pin 1 Brown -> E2 on 1UZ ECU
      • Grey 17 pin connector
        • Black/Orange w/Silver Bands (add pin number) -> Small Black/Orange on Supra big yellow connector (add connector name/desc)
      • Grey 14 pin connector
        • Black/Orange w/Silver Bands (add pin number) -> Small Black/Orange on Supra big yellow connector (add connector name/desc)
        • Black/While w/Silver Bands (add pin number) -> Small Black/Orange on Supra big yellow connector (add connector name/desc)
        • Black/Red (add pin number) -> Black/Red on Supra big yellow connector (add connector name/desc)
    • Supra Big Yellow Connector (behind glove box, add connector name/desc)
      • Black (engine bay connection at 1UZ harness at fuse box, add connector/pin information) run into interior -> Black/Blue (add pin number)
      • Red (engine bay connection at 1UZ harness at fuse box, Black/Orange wire, add connector/pin information) run into interior -> Big Black/Orange (add pin number)
      • Green (add pin number) -> 7.5A fuse -> ground (turns fuel pump on when key is in ‘ON’ position)
  • Exterior
    • Supra engine bay at fuse box, yellow 6-pin connector (add connector name/desc)
      • Black/Red (add pin) -> Black/Red (add pin) on grey 1UZ connector (add connector name/desc)
      • White (add pin) -> Black/Yellow (add pin) on grey 1UZ connector (add connector name/desc)
      • Black/Orange (add pin) -> Black/Orange (add pin) on grey 1UZ connector (add connector name/desc)
      • White/Black (add pin) – not used, comes from body ground on fender
      • Black/Yellow (add pin) – not used

itseasy just 7 wires and u should get it started

hehehehe

To follow on with what Jake stated. The information I posted was for my wiring on my '87 which has now been driven for two days in multiple conditions (around town, highway, drive-thru....) without issue. My wiring included more than just the basic "7-wires" setup since I also wired it to utilize all of my gauges, ABS, reverse lights, and CEL light for engine diagnostics. If I did not have to wire up these items it would actually take an astoundingly small number of wires to run the car.