NOS on 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Nice nice dude, cant wait to hear how it goes, are you going to buy any electronics? like a window switch or something to retard the timeing? The MSD digital6+ does both and ive had it recomended to me. Paddy, i know what motor your going to run this on, what car is this is? just curious

-Nick

use a low pressure switch on the fuel control solenoid, this will shut the system down early and you will never get a lean NOS/FUEL mix also for best results use a bottle warmer and blanket to keep the bottle up to a constant pressure , this will give consistancy. high gas (Nos) pressure gives a lean burn and low gas pressure runs rich
when you get it right it's good stuff !!

padey said:
I noticed the caution at the end of page 15. They dont recommend using nos below 3000rpm. Not sure why, but this would make for a loooong wait for the revs to reach 3000rpm.

Detonation is most damaging at mid-range rpms. I recommend 4 basic rules for using nitrous:

Don't use nitrous at low rpms.
Don't hit the rev limiter while using nitrous.
If you can't install it professionally yourself, pay a professional to do it.
And make sure you have the fuel system sorted before spraying.

Most nitrous fires are caused by a violation of one or more of these rules.

The guy I bought my NOS kit called me to say there was a delay in getting it from the states. So he has offered me a Zex 82023 Wet Kit with 10lb bottle for $50 more. He has it in stock.

I’m thinking of taking the offer. Anyone heard of zex? Never heard of them in Australia.

Ive been discussing nitrous brands with poeple on different online forums and the ones that know about them recomend NX (nitrous express) and Cold Fusion, but i have heard good things about Zex. Id say go for it, only down side is their theme is purple... not a huge turn off, depends on the owner i guess. I wouldnt mind.

Zex is pretty popular in the states, but mostly because it's cheap. When looking for the most complete, best quality kit, I always recommend NX. I haven't heard any bad things about Zex kits, which is good considering how widespread the use of them is (in the states at least). I think they are good for what they are: cheap, low-shot kit. If you're looking for a serious nitrous setup, I'd definitely go with NX.