no power once put foot down

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hilux_bondy_007

hey guys, over last few weeks i noticed once i put my food down to accelerater say 75% or more throttle i get no power.

for example, i was at stop sign put foot down to make it across but it started moving then started spattering and had no power. i take foot off and then go slower acceleration and ran fine until near 75% throttle.

does anyone no wat could be causing the problem

Hey mate, more drama's!?

The point you are talking about is when the ECU switches to Open Loop tune (not reading the 02 sensors etc.) I'll have to think about it more, not sure why this creates the problem, but it has to be related big time.

The ECU listens to a few things like the AFM in Open loop. It's also the mode where it knows you want to accelerate, so it could be a fuel pressure issue (not enough fuel to support the injector flow maybe)

It was on the dyno and it was only runnign 11 pound fuel pressure but then they swapped out the fuel pump and it wasnt my fuel pump issue. i think they fixed the fuel pressure problem but i was told it should be up at around 55pounds of fuel pressure

So the pump is OK, what about the filter? Any kinks or bends in the fuel lines? Any vacuum leaks? Air filter restrictive? Swapping out the ECU is just throwing parts at a problem, you might want to check the first things first if you haven't already.

yer mechanic looked at the fuel line, they are all new and filters only just got changed.
airfilter is a k&n filter, which just goes to back of headlight

P1000308.jpg

how do i check for vacuum leaks??

only reason i say ecu change is that mechanics said only way to fix this problem would be a new aftermarket ecu since it could be a speed censor or a problem in ecu

Last edited:
any mechanic that says fit an aftermarket ecu is just trying to say
hey i do not know what the problem is why not put an aftermarket ecu

i would find someone else and get another opinion
11 psi fuel pressure is piss poor
std fuel pressure is 38 to 42 psi
make sure they have that as there is only 3 things to do with fuel pressure

pump
lines and
fuel press reg

speed sensor will only effect the changing of the gears
if u manually change if its auto then it should still rev out
anyway like i said take it to an expert and not a guesspert

hey nemesis would swapping out the ecu help??

Not at all.

Aim at fuel pressure first. You need to find out exactly what pressures it's running, there's a good chance it's low.

Like Sidey said, there's only three parts to it, if the pump and lines are fine there's a good chance it's the 3rd item - regulator.

Also, when someone mentioned filter, they meant fuel filter, it may have a blockage.

thanks guys, well going off the mechanic fuel pump is fine, there was alitttle crap in there but cleaned out.

wat is the best way to check the lines and regulator??

yer sideshow, i no wat u mean they are all after more money, but hopefully this will fix it

The pressure regulator is referenced off the manifold vacuum, so I guess first step is to check the vacuum line going to it. Take it off and have a good look for cracks.

when you say 3/4 throttle..you mean just that or 3/4 rpm range( say at 4000rpm)?cos if its not fuel (easy to check then) its electrics..say leads/plugs breaking down under load..?

find another mechanic..

Attachments

• Accelerator cables 01.jpg
    Accelerator cables 01.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 159
Hi guys

I am now the owner pf the vehicle in question(ln106 with celsoir). I bought this off bondy 007 last year under the understanding that it needed a new fuel pump. I have since run new lines , 1.5l surge tank, bosch 910 racing fuel pump and the existing pump as a lift pump.

This has not fixed the problem, so the next step is either fuel reg or afm.

Any suggestions which one i should attack first. it is a shame because with the exhaust on it , it sounds wicked.

Regards Fabs

I don't think it is the fuel pump I have a large external pump and filter on mine running to a aremotive fpr set at 50psi fuel pressure and mine revs out fine in nuetrual only happens to me in gear under a load I am going to bypass the stock power wireing to the pump and hook it directly to see if it is the voltage regulator for the pump. Other than that I am out of ideas. Any other have a clue to what's going on and yes its has new tps sensor adjusted perfect