No light on dash 92sc400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Maintman

Ok so I bought this car a while back and when I got it the dash didn't light up and none of the gauges worked, tach speed fuel temp ect. Now I'm noticing probs with the running condition that can b fixed w a reset from battery disconect. I'd like to get this working, so I can pull codes and also not run outa gas again.
Is there a fuse or relay that is out or disconected that would cause this? or is the unit unplugged in the back or in a panel somewhere? the only light that comes on is the airbag light, it's always on.
Also a how to ast to easy replacement of unit will help to if I need to go digging around

you should take the cluster out to see if its even plugged in. Also pop the fuse box open and see if any are blown/missing. The lid should have descriptions on it. If those check out, take a look at the major wire loom that runs along the top-inside of the driver side inner fender. Sometimes the loom gets worn down from tire contact.

if some part of the dash works then u would expect fuses to be ok
anyway check on soarer cntral about sc400 dash stuffing up

the caps and resistors go on the back

ive had to repair 5 dahses last year not hard job just fiddly

ok so how would i go about pulling the cluster to see if it is plugged in? i can also tell you that when the alternator failed the battery light did come on and the alarm for the sunroof being open sounds( not sure if this has an indicator light)? i checked all the fuses in the driver kickpanel and there there and good also checked under the hood and its good too, but the sus(pension) and the abs are missing?

theres a million and one fuses on theres cars all round the car
if part of the dash ligths up then id say u have power

anyway its about 10 mins to pull cluster out
just look round the cluster for screws
drop the steering column afew inches

best of going to soarer central they have a big writeup on dash probs on these cars
i dont understand when u say lights not on
these dashes dont have lights its all lcd screens

but like i said they have probs where sometimes part of the lcd stops showing
u need to see if this is yr problem cause this is the most common things that fk up on the dashes
so goto soarer central as no one knows much on here bout yr prob

what i am trying to say is that there are major portions of the dash that do nothing at all the only lights that come on on the dash are not related to the trans or engine or speed/rpm, i have turn signals and high beam light the air bag light is on always and the battery light works if the alternator is failing. but the needles foe the water temp rpm speed fuel dont light up or move at all...no power...but thats gonna be answered real quick bc ima just pull the sob and look

well its all connected, i got it out and all the plug ins are there, could this be a capacitor deal? if so i have a ls400 that has a working dash can i take the capacitors out and put them in mine? i saw 5-6 small semi roundish things plugged in the bottom right of the back i assume these are the capacitors

best bet buy new capacitors
prob cost 10 bucks in parts and 1 to 3 hours work depending how good u r at soldering tight spots
basically the dash has no lights all the dash is a few digital lcd screens
and parts of the dash blank out when the capacitors fail

just go to soarer central like i bloody told u
they have full instructions

thanks for that info on the capacitors and the leds not working( now i will point out that leds do light up) also i did sign up for an account at soarer central and just got a chance to check my email for the approval, i didnt want to leave this link unfinished though as it shows up in the common searches for this problem. so i will keep this updated as soon as i get things in order.

one more question and then ittl be only reports, can i get these capacitors at just any place or do i need to call lexus

I forgot to add to the my above post. If the needles still move up and down, then 99% the lights on the needles are burned out. And all capacitors should still be in working condition. I used to fix that on several SC400 1992-1997 including changing the needle lights and backlight to LED to be much brigher with any color, but I'm too busy to fix that now. It's a very complicated & tideous process. Unfortunately, the solution now is that you can get a good used cluster, maybe on Ebay. Swapping the whole cluster shouldn't be a problem between different years, but swapping the needles is only possible for 92-94 and 95-97 or maybe up to 2000. The needle polarity between those years are reversed.

If u re read the posts you will see that there is absolutly no illumination of the back light, needles, or movement of any needles or lights associated with key on position or the trans gear readout. That's why I was going to replace capacitors just checking to c where to get them buggers