Newb with a couple of questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

376gvr4

Hello Im James from Virginia.

Im in the process of swapping a 1uzfe. I got a 93' 1uz from a ls400 without the fuel rails and injectors. A friend who also has a 1uz conquest sent me the fuel rail and injectors from his '92 1uz. The injectorsdont seem to be long enough to fit my intake manifold. Did lexus switch injectors from 92 to 93 or possibly a difference in 93 ls400 injectors from 92 sc400?

Last edited:
The rails and injectors are all the same so they should fit.

Be aware when fitting them it's easy to get an injector (or two) caught on the edge of the injector bung and it will stop them fitting.

Do you have the 4 plastic stand-offs that go under the rails?

Yes I have the 4 plastic standoffs. I did notice at first you can get the injectors kinda stuck in the rail without having them seated properly. But these injectors just dont seem to be long enough by a good 1/4 inch. I will try a different set and report back my findings.

Are the grommets fitted?

Do you have the grommets fitted to the injectors? There should be a grommet a the top of the injector (fits on the inlet shaft and sits between the bottom of the fuel rail and the plastic body of the injector). There is also a grommet for the bottom of the injector to seal it in the intake manifold. The top and bottom grommets are about 1/4" thick each. 8 injectors, 8 top grommets and 8 lower grommets. The top grommet is different to the bottom grommet so you can't interchange them. Regards Ivan :)

Yes I have the 4 plastic standoffs. I did notice at first you can get the injectors kinda stuck in the rail without having them seated properly. But these injectors just dont seem to be long enough by a good 1/4 inch. I will try a different set and report back my findings.

i rub a little oil of any kind on the o- rings so they slide in nicely, i think the tsrm calls for motor oil but i use di electric grease or anything really for a little lube.. i also purchased the injector o- ring kit recently and ran me 80$ for the full 8 injectors - 3 rings/grommets per injector.

ah missing lower grommets. Thanks guys. I'll get the grommets then be able to throw the motor in. 1uz+350z trans should be fun.

What goes ontop of the fuel rails? In the pics before I have threaded holes on to of each fuel rail.

VaE9uMC.jpg

qesqvzE.jpg

Also, where do these 3 vacuum ports connect to? The top half of my motor is so out of whack? Idk what is missing. Makes me want to just go grab a whole upper half from a jy somewhere.

UZFf4O9.jpg

If you are talking about the two large threaded holes, one per rail. One is for the fuel feed line/fuel pressure reg and the other is for the fuel pulse dampener.

Is the fuel pulse dampner required? It's missing from my rail.
I'll be running a afpr and -6an lines.