3uzfe vvti camshaft (newb question)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

thalj

what happens if you have a large camshaft on the vvti 3uzfe and the solenoid is locked in full retard position , and what if you tune it without the vvti will you lose power ?

its a 11:1 compression 3uzfe head and 2uzfe block .with [email protected] duration camshaft and 5.4 stroker kit. its suppose to make more hp . my tuner removed the vvti solenoid and tuned it . made 248whp which shocked me. can you help me what would be wrong

Yea should be making that in KW ???
Good "streetable" pushrods make that !!
Hmm ??? Maybe advance cam ??Or experiment with cam timing ...
Is the ignition breaking down in upper RPM ??
AFR's read o/k ??

afr is ok. a guy suggested advancing the cam manually i dunno if its possible with the vvti camshaft. need tips from people who already did this

I tried repling to your PM but it seems you have receiving PM turned off.
How was the VVti removed? Was a new set of gears made and a blanking tube made for the solenoid? Is it reversable?
Personally I would be refitting the VVti and making it work correctly. The power you are making is about the same as a stock VVti 4 litre with good aftermarket ecu and some headers.
Have the present cams been dialed in? If you dont want to refit the VVti then making some adjustable gears and manually adjusting the cam timing may see some gains.
And what intake manifold are you running? If its the stock one is the dual length runner being switched and when?
Using the VVti correctly gives a much better power band and torque, not just on these engines but engines in general. They just work so much better. With really lumpy cams you often have to limit the overall cam advance.

3UZ-FE with stage 2 cams

Hello all, I made a mod this spring that went not as expected, with standard comp 10,5 i think, the stage 2 cams actually hade the max power to go down, in same dyno station max power with standar cams was 391hp, after mounting cams it was 385, the mid range power was a bit higher, but they hade to program for a lot of more fuel, and this togehter with their experience showed on that with more overlapping cams, the dynamic compression goes down, and have to be compensated to get benefit from them.

My earlier mods on motor is opened up in and out, headers, ported heads and all tuned in dynocenter with a unichip piggyback.
Also 100 hp gas, and that max power also went down, bouth mid range and top end from 495 to 475, irritating when I expected more hp with stage 2 cams....

So my winter project is big bore kit with higher compression ration, as high as possible with still a daily use car behavior.
(PS Im live in Sweden, so excuse my spelling and used words.....)