another newb which 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

GARY ANDREWS

hi want to fit a 400 v8 in an off road comp rig,which car is the best to use for the engine ie most hp.is there anything to look out for ie some arent as good as others.would like to make 350hp out of it at some point how easy is this.cheers gary

The SC400 and LS400 make the same power (withnin a kilowatt or two) and the Crown the least.

Any engine will do the job.

The LS has a front sump, the SC a rear (actualy behind the centreline and not right at the rear) and a Crown has a mid sump.

Work out what will fit best and try for that style of engine. All sumps interchange so don't be overly hung up on any particular type.

There are aftermarket sumps available as well.

Feel free to ask any questions and we'll all do our best to help you out.

Best thing to do is take a look at your truck chasis. What sump would it fit into? You are luck Lexus has 3 configurations vs. Infiniti (Q45 Engine) only has ONE.

FRONT SUMP: LS400
MID SUMP: Crown - Not Available in the USA.
Rear SUMP: SOARER/SC400

Like Rod stated above. There are plenty of options available.

Last edited:
Welcome Gary

You sure on those sumps Dave? Do I win a hat if your wrong?

Mid sump Crown
Rear sump SC 400 & Soarer

There are also pre and post 96 engines with different internals. Very important if you are going to boost.
Aftermarket ecu will bring out the best in all.

Plenty of info on this site just have a look around.

Sorry... my mind was thinking properly. Putting too much attention into my SC project. Thanks for the correction. Also note: All UZ engines (1990-2006) in the USA are FRONT Sump except SC400.

LS400 & Celsior are front sump.
SC400/Soarer are rear sump
Early Crown is mid sump
Crown Majesta si (I think) front sump

Welcome Gary

You sure on those sumps Dave? Do I win a hat if your wrong?

Mid sump Crown
Rear sump SC 400 & Soarer

There are also pre and post 96 engines with different internals. Very important if you are going to boost.
Aftermarket ecu will bring out the best in all.

Plenty of info on this site just have a look around.

1996 Wrong, its 1994

Go and buy a pre 1994 1UZ

Early 1UZ 1989-1994 10.1:1 and the strongest rods

http://www.lextreme.com/1uzfe_variants.html "1UZFE Variants/Family"

http://www.lextreme.com/1uzfe_variants.html "1UZFE Q&A"

Pre 1994 1UZ

With proper tuning and controlling the heat factor, the stock internal (decompressed) can easily handle 850 bhp. However, if you desire more horse power, you will need racing pistons.

Attachments

• IMG_0070_rod.jpg
    IMG_0070_rod.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi Gary,

welcome to the best 1UZFE resource on the globe.

Best get your hands on that LS400 sooner than later as the prices for donor LS400 have been rising quickly as they are becoming ever more popular as the donor engine of choice for specials.

Expect to pay about £600 for a decent, ie 100k full service history example, complete but damaged LS400 whilst a couple of years ago they couldnt give the cars away at £300....

Cheers,

Tony