Another 3uz Hilux

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gloverman

Here are just a couple of photos of a 3uz VVti with auto Hilux we are completing for a customer. Almost looks factory which is how I like to finish them. Most of the mechanical is completed so I have to wire it up now which I have sorted a couple of other jobs.

Attachments

• august 2013 -6 053.jpg
    august 2013 -6 053.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 80
  • august 2013 -6 057.jpg
    august 2013 -6 057.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 59
Hi, Im thinking of perhaps changing from my 3RZFE 2.7 engine in my 1998 dual cab hilux, to a Lexus V8. Currently my original motor is getting about 10 litres per 100 km,if im nursing it. However im going to need some towing power for a caravan but im still looking for economy when im not towing. Could anyone give me a rough idea on the rated fuel consumption of the Lexus V8 once it has been installed into a Hilux.

mike add a turbo or something to your 3rz

my 1uz 4runner/surf is getting around 19l/100k with the auto behind it
even after full tune up: caps, rotors, plugs, wires, multiple fuel treatments, good compression and trans working optimally

im getting around 260-280km between fill ups.. its pretty horrible

ive heard of people getting ~14.7 l/100km with a five speed if that helps

p.s. sorry for helping a hi-jack

mike add a turbo or something to your 3rz

my 1uz 4runner/surf is getting around 19l/100k with the auto behind it
even after full tune up: caps, rotors, plugs, wires, multiple fuel treatments, good compression and trans working optimally

im getting around 260-280km between fill ups.. its pretty horrible

ive heard of people getting ~14.7 l/100km with a five speed if that helps

p.s. sorry for helping a hi-jack
Thankyou for your answer, im trying to weigh up the options. Cheers.

that's pretty good fuel economy
don't got much on 1uzs these days but got about 6 ls1 looms to do in next three weeks
and a hayabusa loom to do so should be fun
going to sit one day from 6am till midnight and smash thru most of the ls1 looms
now that I have all the programming stuff for the ecus too

Hi, Im thinking of perhaps changing from my 3RZFE 2.7 engine in my 1998 dual cab hilux, to a Lexus V8. Currently my original motor is getting about 10 litres per 100 km,if im nursing it. However im going to need some towing power for a caravan but im still looking for economy when im not towing. Could anyone give me a rough idea on the rated fuel consumption of the Lexus V8 once it has been installed into a Hilux.

The last '99 model I did which was converted from a 3RZ is running 440km to a tank around town and the owner drives it hard. Engine is a stock pre-VVTi UCF21 1UZ with extractors and 2.5 inch single exhaust, stock Hilux 5 speed and 3.7 diffs and 31 inch tyres. Quite a lively performer too and easy to make look like a factory build

This ute running the auto is getting 11 litres/100km. Stock ecu. It is smooth and goes really well. It would compare well against a low spec LS1.

still trying to figure out how you guys are getting so much better economy than me. Best i could get is 15 litres/100km that was full tank 95% highway

i shouldnt be getting beat out by a full size ford 4x4 for mileage