new product from IMF

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Chase

Approved Vendor

Hello,

Just wanted to let everyone know that i will be releasing a new product for the sc400 very shortly. I wont be taking any orders on this product until it is in stock but feel free to e-mail me or ask me any questions that you might have.

This is a Y-pipe that bolts on between the headers and the exhaust system. The Y-pipe is going to be a two piece, first is the actual y-pipe and the 2nd is a resonator pipe. The y-pipe bolts on to the stock manifolds/cats and the res-pipe bolts up between the y-pipe and the exhaust system.

This product was designed with the resonator-pipe in order to maintain a quieter sounding exhaust system, without it, it was just too loud.

Horsepower gain should be expected between 10-15whp (been dynoed at 10whp lowest and 15 at the highest).

A high flow cat pipe may become an option (replaces the resonator pipe) which is 100% bolt on as well. The availability of this product will depend on interest.

Please let me know if you have any questions and please post in here to show your interest in this product. I am going into production very soon on these and i want to know how much to stock on.

You can go directly to view this product here: http://imfabrications.com/product.sc?categoryId=3&productId=3

Thanks, Chase

I also have an exhaust system that will go into production next year, after the y-pipe is released. The headers are already in stock and shipping if anyone is interested.

Chase,

Would this Y Pipe be direct fit to the stock exhaust or to your headers?

Yes!

Sorry for not pointing it out earlier.

All the IMF products for the SC400 (or all other future cars for that matter) will bolt on to each other in order to create a complete system. Same goes for stock manifolds and exhaust system. You dont have to purchase all the parts to make them fit, you can get only the y-pipe if you like which will bolt on between the stock manifolds and the stock exhaust system. Each IMF product bolts on the to stock parts as well as the other IMF parts

Since all the parts bolt on to each other, that means that regardless of your model year, if you purchase all 3 parts, everything will be 100% bolt on to your SC400.

All of these parts (including the exhaust system) were designed and tested on the car at the same time. This was designed as a complete system for maximum power gain, control and sound. All products are sold separately so a customer can piece up their own system if they choose, however, as a complete kit, this has already been tested to make the most power out of the SC400.

Hello,

Just wanted to let everyone know that i will be releasing a new product for the sc400 very shortly. I wont be taking any orders on this product until it is in stock but feel free to e-mail me or ask me any questions that you might have.

This is a Y-pipe that bolts on between the headers and the exhaust system. The Y-pipe is going to be a two piece, first is the actual y-pipe and the 2nd is a resonator pipe. The y-pipe bolts on to the stock manifolds/cats and the res-pipe bolts up between the y-pipe and the exhaust system.

This product was designed with the resonator-pipe in order to maintain a quieter sounding exhaust system, without it, it was just too loud.

Horsepower gain should be expected between 10-15whp (been dynoed at 10whp lowest and 15 at the highest).

A high flow cat pipe may become an option (replaces the resonator pipe) which is 100% bolt on as well. The availability of this product will depend on interest.

Please let me know if you have any questions and please post in here to show your interest in this product. I am going into production very soon on these and i want to know how much to stock on.

You can go directly to view this product here: http://imfabrications.com/product.sc?categoryId=3&productId=3

Thanks, Chase

Chase,

Do you have the dyno graphs? What are the pipe dimensions? Looks like 2.5" into 3.0"

You may be aware that I have made different recommendations. I am always open to seeing and discussing actual results.

To others the headers are designed to replace the stock manifolds and cats and to bolt up to the stock Y pipe. So, it would stand to reason that this Y pipe should work with the headers or stock manifolds and cats.

Is the power gain based on using with stock manifolds and cats or is the gain quoted over and above the gains seen with your headers.

Chase,

Do you have the dyno graphs? What are the pipe dimensions? Looks like 2.5" into 3.0"

You may be aware that I have made different recommendations. I am always open to seeing and discussing actual results.

To others the headers are designed to replace the stock manifolds and cats and to bolt up to the stock Y pipe. So, it would stand to reason that this Y pipe should work with the headers or stock manifolds and cats.

Unfortunately i do not have the dyno graphs. These headers were designed a little over 2 years ago and no paperwork was ever provided to support the HP gain. I am trying to contact a local customer that might be able to get some new dyno runs for me but at the moment i dont have anything just yet.

The dimensions are actually custom. Its 2.3" going into 2.5. It looks bigger because of the resonator but its actually only 2.5 inches. A 3 inch transition was designed but the tests showed loss of torque over the 2.5.

The cat back exhaust system is 2.5" as well.

As for your last question, correct, they all bolt on to each other, to either stock parts, of IMF parts, they are all interchangeable.

Is the power gain based on using with stock manifolds and cats or is the gain quoted over and above the gains seen with your headers.

All HP gains are based on using the specific product with only stock parts. The rest of the car was stock, only y-pipe installed.

What is the expected horsepower gains if you have all 3 IMF parts on your car?

Depending on what else you have done to your car you can expect to see around 25-30whp combined. With other modifications done to the engine you can achieve even more.

Any chance this front Y-pipe will fit LS400 stock headers? On paper it looks very close to SC. Arn't S&S headers for SC and LS the same product?

This y-pipe will fit 91-94 models 100%, later models may need minor modification to the flanges (easy fix). If you get the headers and the y-pipe it will be 100% bolt on to all model years.

Any chance this front Y-pipe will fit LS400 stock headers? On paper it looks very close to SC. Arn't S&S headers for SC and LS the same product?

No, this Y pipe is NOT a bolt on to the LS400. The LS400s have different length factory exhaust manifolds and this changes the layout and position of the catalyst outlets. The rest of an LS400 is different as well. You could probably get the pipe and have it modified to fit but it would need modification at each end and or modification to the LS400 parts or a complete new exhaust system from Y back.

Chase reports there are dyno tests to prove the gains quoted but does not have the sheets. He will try to get new dynos ran so that information is available. That said most dynos on automatic cars start in the 3000rpm range or higher and do not reflect the way a car responds in everyday driving off idle, off cruise, throttle response, torque and power in the low to mid RPM ranges. IOW, there is MUCH more to a cars performance than just dyno numbers.

Anything is possible but I have not seen the kind of results Chase is reporting. I will await actual test results before further comment on this particular part. I have made my recommendations on other threads so anyone so interested should use search.

Hopefully some of the customers of the headers will get there cars tested and report on the product. The factory SC400 manifolds are terrible so I would definitely expect gains with the headers. The Chase headers have 2.50" outlets which is substantially larger than the stock SC400 Y pipe which uses apx 2.0" pipe. This would make adding this Y pipe a logical step. I am actually more curious to see the dynos of adding the Y to an otherwise stock setup.

Thanks, J, your right abour the stock mani's, when I pulled mine out they wern't half bad compared to the ones off SC, but nonetheless a bolt on Y pipe sure looks tasty :) It's cool I should be using this cash for my short runner manifold, or the GF, it's gone either way :)

Thanks, J, your right abour the stock mani's, when I pulled mine out they wern't half bad compared to the ones off SC, but nonetheless a bolt on Y pipe sure looks tasty :) It's cool I should be using this cash for my short runner manifold, or the GF, it's gone either way :)

IMO the 1990-1994 LS400 exhaust manifolds are only slightly better than the terrible SC400 parts. The 1995-2000 LS400 manifolds are the best years and still not great... basically the same as the GS400s. In 2001 with the 4.3 engine all the models go the same manifold and it is back to the SC400 type junk :yuck: :twak:

I think you should definitely consider headers. I doubt the IMF parts would fit as they are designed specifically for the SC400. The S&S will bolt on but you will need to relocate your cats to under the car OR use short bullet cats in the stock location. Either choice require fabrication. The stock Y pipe still works decently even on supercharged applications so you can wait on that upgrade or do it with the headers.

Check out this supercharged GS430 dynos with S&S and stock Y pipe.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184071&highlight=headers+supercharger&page=3

IMO the 1990-1994 LS400 exhaust manifolds are only slightly better than the terrible SC400 parts. The 1995-2000 LS400 manifolds are the best years and still not great... basically the same as the GS400s. In 2001 with the 4.3 engine all the models go the same manifold and it is back to the SC400 type junk :yuck: :twak:

I think you should definitely consider headers. I doubt the IMF parts would fit as they are designed specifically for the SC400. The S&S will bolt on but you will need to relocate your cats to under the car OR use short bullet cats in the stock location. Either choice require fabrication. The stock Y pipe still works decently even on supercharged applications so you can wait on that upgrade or do it with the headers.

Check out this supercharged GS430 dynos with S&S and stock Y pipe.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184071&highlight=headers+supercharger&page=3

From what i understand the stock y-pipe on the SC and LS 91-94 models are all the same. I will look into it once again though since you say it is different.

Hey Chase, you say that when you did the testing, it was JUST the y-pipe? No exhaust or anything??