Need help with Battery cables..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1uzsc4killer

Hi, Im new here and but ill try to word it the best i can. I have a 92 Lexus SC400 and just replaced the starter on it but my grandad thought he could convert the terminals into side terminals but figured out he needed them for his truck. now idk which cable(s) that run to the battery are for which terminal. I see like 3 or 4 different cables but i havent the slightest clue on what to do. anyone has a picture of the battery location and cables in their engine bay? I need to figure out what's what so i get this car running. thanks

Look where the cables run to.

Any cable that clearly runs to the body or frame is an earth cable.

Earth cables are usually a big fat black cable about as thick as your little finger plus there are a few thickish brown wires that can go to the battery terminal.

All earths go to the negative post on the battery.

In Toyotas the positive cables are usually black as well but have a red stripe running down them. In the case of an SC400 it will disappear into the engine loom.

If you're not sure on any cable use a multimeter and check for continuity from the chopped off cable end to the chassis/frame. If you have continuity you have an earth cable.

Think about it as you do it and it will fall into place.

Another point is you will find some cables too short to get the wrong way around as they will only reach one battery terminal.

you should only have one thick earth wire and small earth coming off it
one will bolt to the block and one will bolt to the body as a body earth

the positive side should have one thick wire to the starter
then usually a fusebox plate sort of thingy should bolt to the pos too
or it might have a thick white wire which goes from pos battery to fusebox to power it up

any other wire is aftermarket so not sure where it would go unles si looked at car and i doubt that will happen to easily hehehe