Need advice (and maybe a motor) PART 2 - BOUGHT A MOTOR

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
A thought on shaving blocks / heads and the t-belt.....

The Cometic gaskets are a slight hair thinner than the stock gaskets from what I can tell but I can't imagine that the metal gasket would compress near as much as the stock gasket.

If the block and the heads have been shaved .012 the metal gaskets very well might compress that much less than the stock gaskets and even things out...???

I double checked my timing and tension and everything seems good. I did put on a new tensioner.

KC

So...

I took off my valve covers today and the oil I was pumping made it all the way to the cams and buckets. Everything looked like oil got to it.

:D

KC

I work in a Toyota shop, the oil is pumped to 15-20 lines throughout the shop. Pull it down and pull the trigger. :p

-----------------------------------------

Some progress pics, pics of the new motor. Yanked it in about 2.5 hours. Will likely get it done tomorrow. Need to swap over a few things and make sure everything will fit like I need it.

KC

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 13
So I put 8-9 hours into it today. Doesn't really feel like I got much done but I guess I did.

Swapped over the headers and injectors and some other bits.

Put on my wiring harness and wired some things in that weren't yet wired.

Took care of a few issues caused by the flipped intake manifold. A little worried about making the throttle and trans cables work. A little worried about my fuel line connection on the fuel rail. Had to take a small chunk off the throttle body to clear a bolt for the fuel line. The pulsation dampner is not going to be used since there's no way it will fit.

Put the supercharger on the motor and mocked up a new intake for it.

Sat the motor / trans back into the car.

Still to do:

Everything, LOL. I just sat the motor in and put the trans cross member on, still need to do everything else.

Install Megan radiator.

Will still need to do some wiring. (fans, water meth pump, re-doing superstick wiring).

Lots of other stuff, LOL.

KC

Thanks guys. Still have a long way to go. Worked on it a couple of hours today putting things back together.

To do list:

Make an intake. Not sure about hood clearence on my earlier mock up.

Figure out how to get cables to throttle body.

Wire meth pump.

Wire water solenoid.

Install radiator and wire fans.

Add oil, trans fluid and coolant.

Hang exhaust.

Hang hood.

Plug in ECU, already ran wiring through the firewall.

Calibrate and reflash ECU.

Confirm IAC valve operation, check all calibrations and functions as much as possible.

Check for fuel leaks.

Wire in Suprastick.

Misc wiring I'm sure.

Hopefully after all that it will be all go for a start up!:D

Attachments

• IMG_2295.JPG
    IMG_2295.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2294.JPG
    IMG_2294.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2293.JPG
    IMG_2293.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2292.JPG
    IMG_2292.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 10
Alright guys, got it running and drove it home finally. Started right up! Kind of scary how quickly it fired up.

Had to work out a few kinks and still have a few to work out but I'm glad its finally running and driveable. My main concern at this point is the throttle cable and trans cable. Both are badly rigged at the moment. I ordered a Camry throttle cable which should work, not yet sure what I'm going to do about the trans cable.

Other than that break in, tuning, and cleaning things up a little and I should be good to go.

My IAC valve setup is working. For those interested - An idle hose comes of the intake piping and goes into where the EGR pipe was, then a hose comes out where the EGR valve was, from there through the bosch idle valve and into the passage where the stock IAC valve was. Kind of complicated but working fine.

As far as any power difference, no idea yet. I'm not going to get on it at all with my rigged throttle cable setup. Probably not very safe and the pedal feels like garbage at the moment. Also, I don't really think a super easy break in is needed but I probably won't get into boost much untill I hit at least a few hundred miles on the motor.

KC

Attachments

• IMG_2311.JPG
    IMG_2311.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2312.JPG
    IMG_2312.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2313.JPG
    IMG_2313.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2314.JPG
    IMG_2314.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2315.JPG
    IMG_2315.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2316.JPG
    IMG_2316.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2317.JPG
    IMG_2317.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2318.JPG
    IMG_2318.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2319.JPG
    IMG_2319.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 24
Thanks guys!

FYI, if you want to flip your intake a 94ish Camry throttle cable will work. It's only about an inch longer than the SC400 cable but its enough.

Still need to make something for my trans pressure cable.

It drives WAY better with a proper cable and a few small tuning changes.;)

The motor sounds allot different. About 40 miles on it now. Will probably change the oil sooner than later.

KC

Thanks guys!

Still need to make something for my trans pressure cable.

KC

Is the cable too short?
I did a 1uz swap into my 90 toyota cressida. I kept the cressida trans and found out the cressida pressure cable was longer than the lexus one. I had to fab up a mount to use it with the 1uz assembly. A 3rd gen supra would be the same as the cressida.

BTW, please post up feedback on the suprastik. I plan to get it next year.

Hey guys.

Got over 500 miles on it now and all seems well so far. Haven't gone WOT on it yet but have hit 6-7 psi a few times part throttle and I've had it up to about 6,000 rpm. Revs smooth and feels good.:)

Changed the oil at 200 miles and there was a bit of metal on my drain plug (magnetic plug) but nothing to alarming. Just changed it again today and used 0-20 synthetic that all the new Toyota's use. No metal this time.

Haven't got a chance to make any videos but will try to soon. Still working on idle tuning a bit with the Bosch valve. Decided to get rid of the bypass valve, I decided its just not really needed. Fixed an oil leak. My dipstick tube o-ring was leaking, about the only seal I didn't change when I put it together.

Built a air dam to replace the stock plastic part that has been missing forever between the bumper and the condensor. Has made a notable difference in engine temperature. Still not sure I like the e-fans I got.

So far so good! Need to find a place where I can romp on it a bit and see what she's got!

KC

Yotarip, the Suprastick works great for the most part. The software for programming it sucks though but once its set ok it works fine.

I'll need to look into a Cressida trans cable as I'm still using the stock cable in an akward arrangement.

What fans did you get?

Sorry to take so long to answer. I have been slacking on the forums lately.

They are cheap ebay bought fans that look much like the ones you can get from advanced auto parts stores. Dual 14 inch units. I have since put the Camry fans back on and the work MUCH better. With the ebay fans the temp would get to 220 in stop and go with the AC running and near 100 degrees ambient. With the Camry fans it stays under 190 with the same conditions, maybe a little cooler ambient. So 20-30 degrees cooler.

I also put the 160 Mr Gasket thermostat back in. I was using a Mishimoto 140 unit which I think was keeping it too cool on cool morning and figured the car would never warm up when winter comes.

I have about 1200 miles on it now and all stil is going great still. The motor was using a noticeable amount of oil but seems to have stopped now. I have gotten on it good a few times now and it feels strong. I probably wont try and track run it for a few thousand miles. Also waiting for the weather to get cooler.

KC

KC