n/a questions r&d purposes

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Nacho_SC400T

Hey guys I'm current getting a game plan together for my sc400. I have 120k on it and am looking for some more power around 300-350hp at the crank. Im having a strange urge to go with an all-motor car but I want your opinions on whether its really the way I want to go.

Again I just want my car to be able to keep up a stock/lightly modded vette.

Right now all I have is weight reduction I stripped out everything from the front seats back and de-screened the Maf.

But my question is would I be able to reach my goal with a I/C/H/E combo along with a simple FMU or would I be better off going turbo?

Thanks to anyone in advanced for the advice.

forced induction all the way, by the time you have reached 350 NA, the money you spent could easily have netted you another 100 bhp on top of that using FI

Lol thought so I didnt think we had enough displacement to make that power easily in the first place.

But Im just aiming for 300-350hp as I said but have no clue at what size turbo to use?

I found an hx52 on eBay for 150 but that might be to big i was wondering if I could possibly run something like a t25 from the salvage yard?

Two T25 as twins...
61mm to 70mm turbo is about right for street engine..
AR around 1.06 with T3 turbine..
Master power T66, S366 Borg Warner, Garret Gt3540
Precision etc..
Two off a Subaru, Nissan,Mitsi, Volvo etc for instant response...

If you really want to go with the all motor route then it shouldnt be that hard and you could gradually build it up unlike FI where it all has to be pieced together at once. From what I've read intake and exhaust are your biggest restrictions along with the drivetrain. A simple Intake, Lower plenum, mild porting, cams, long tube headers along with a full exhaust and some type of piggy back or fpr should net decent gains. But your gearbox is losing somewhere around 28% percent of the power from being transfered to the black top so a 5 speed swap or freshening up your current gearbox should fix that problem.

Thus creating the happy meal factor!

But that's just my .02 hopefully some of the more experienced members will chime in.

Last edited: