My twin Supra fuel pump set up

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
GoWest,

I'm not sure the cable ties will like being immersed in fuel.

I'd suggest a couple of stainless hose clamps around the extra pump.

Zuffen said:
GoWest,

I'm not sure the cable ties will like being immersed in fuel.

I'd suggest a couple of stainless hose clamps around the extra pump.
Yeah, I decide to remove cable ties and use steinless clamps instead. Thank for advise.

Lextreme said:
show us more pics about the fuel lines from the pump... do u have to setup an additional fuel line too?
The fuel line is simple set up. I use T-fitting connect to stock location. I want to use Y connection but can't find the part yet. You can see the small T in the first pic.

BTW. Today I'm done with the wiring. With the second pump working, Fuel press went up to 4bar when idle. With only one pump the fuel press is 2.5 bar. I will add ON-OFF switch so that I can turn of the second pump when not in used. I post more pic later.

The Supra pumps are power hogs. I had Kinsler Fuel Injection run a pretty thorough flow test of a brand new one a couple years ago, and along with the usual pressures, and flows, I also had them measure the amperage consumed by the pump. Then I had them repeat the test for voltages of 9, 12, 14, 16 and 18v. It revealed lots of things about these pumps, one of which is that you need to have large enough conductors to handle the load. I wouldn't run anything smaller than a #12 AWG (roughly 4.0mm2) to each pump, and a like size earth. In the Supra community there are owners running as large as #8 AWG direct from the battery to these pumps to avoid voltage drop.

One of the more interesting points the tests showed is that the flow of the pump decreased by nearly 50% by dropping the voltage from 12 to 9 volts, so even one or two volts lost in the wiring will make a big difference in your pump output.

John