more questions ptII

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hiluxmad

now i have the half cut the triky part begins.
can i just "not use/connect" the traction control unit???
any one got a chassis wiring diagram? do i need any of it? if so what?
if not using auto can i disregard any refs in the wiring diagrams to it?
where is: main efi relay, fuel pump relay and fuel pump speed control relay??
do i need any of the speed sensors attached to the auto to run man box?

my setup will be as follows:
1UZ-FE
landcruiser 5sp
no a/c
no power steering
no abs etc

please help there are more little wires than a telecom exchange

What engine are you using? Crown SC400 LS400?

Trac control can be ignored.

If running a manual Crown you won't needa chassis diagram as it's dead easy.

If your using a Crown I can email a how to for the wiring. It's an unfinished article there are a couple of air conditioning wires I'm not sure about so I've never submitted it for a tech article. but I'm happy to supply it.

I just chopped trc stuff, I think it is controlled via abs ecu, didnt need fuel pump speed relay and wired the main relay ect using Kdogs drawings, they are basic looking but they work, mine was efi to start with so I used existing relays, you will need 1 speed sensor to violet/white trace from memory, roughly 4 pulses per wheel rev, you could even use a reed switch with magnet strapped to tailshaft like cheap cruise controls use, or contact sideshow coz he seems to be a full bottle on speed sensors, I used the one in my speedo head. I am in proccess of doing a 98 4wd ,when the cut arrives

hi lex,

im not using the auto or ect. apparently i can just toss it??? do i still need that speed sensor if so where does it go to on the ecu i cant see any violet/white wires on the diagrams for the ECU

as far as I know it still needs speed sensor or it spits error code, if someone could confirm or deny ,would be handy if not needed, the 4wd im doing is manual too

hi lex if you dont use that speed sensor the light that spits the codes keeps flashing so the solution seems to be dont conect that light either. it wont affect the running of the engine at all im told.

simple wiring diagram

Zuffen said:
What engine are you using? Crown SC400 LS400?

Trac control can be ignored.

If running a manual Crown you won't needa chassis diagram as it's dead easy.

If your using a Crown I can email a how to for the wiring. It's an unfinished article there are a couple of air conditioning wires I'm not sure about so I've never submitted it for a tech article. but I'm happy to supply it.

Hi Rod

Can you send me a copy too please, as If I can keep the factory computer it makes the lpg easier! ([email protected])
(and keeps me thinking about getting the stock speedo working (kdog reckons no way but I like a challenge! otherwise I would just by a soarer and be done with it - would be a lot cheaper and quicker than converting/modernising a 40 yr old car).

Be grt to have that posted as a tech article, even if it is unfinished - every little gem of information generates 3 more!, you never know, someone else may help you finish it?

I laid out the factory harness the other day - and had Russels diagram next to me - that wiring's a challenge! I was hoping to thin it down and keep the speedo working?