Modded 1UZ into triumph tr7 convertible

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Got the half cage on there and some side intrusion bars, think I'll get them electroplated maybe.
Cooling will be a radiator out of a VX-VY commodore, with the existing twin thermo fans. More pics soon ?

suggest you don't plate the cage - especially if you are going to get the cage cams certified.

what we do here is paint the whole cage, then cover intrusion bars etc with a clear pvc hose (split obviously) so the paint does ont wear off.

waiting for more pics

Hey T
Didn't plate the cage, just got it powder coated instead, project is on the go slow at the moment. Snapped my achillies tendon playing soccer with my son (right leg), they also found a couple of blood clots a week after the operation. 3 months off work.
Will get those pictures up once I can get someone to drive me back to were the car is
Cheers & Thanks

I hate that about your injuries, but am looking forward to continued updates!
GL with the rehab. The more painful it is, the better it'll work after!

Hey T
The ball is rolling again, been going slowly, slowly. The biggest problem has been time mainly, then money. It will be done, oh yes, it will be done. Looking at outsourcing a major part of the rest. It's getting the wiring done to the "turn key" stage, for that little bit more motivation. I'll post some more pic's this weekend.
Cheers and thanks

Hey guys

Sump is rover v8 (3.5) Nothing was cut. The oil pick up was modified to suit though. Going to put in a roll cage, 4 point at least with may be two extra bars down to the front from the lower section of the front hoop, for extra strength.
Other mods are:
4 spots from r33 skyline on custom gas adjustable coil overs (KONI)
5 speed turbo supra gearbox (r154) with manny's short throw shifter
KAZZ diff center in a falcon borgwarner (still have to adapt the rear callipers off the r33 to suit)
Recaro a8's
The 1UZ has JE forged pistons, custom spec from the guy who is building it
High lift, long duration cams ground from billetts (his spec again) lotsa head work, balanced and blueprinted
He's quoting approx 330 rwhp, and will rev to 8000 rpm all day every day.
Was going to mod the rover v8 but way to expensive to get a similar amount of horsepower, without the reliability,
Still a long way off though, been going for nearly two years now.
Would have been done earlier but got stitched up by this a--hole who calls himself an engineer. He turned out to be a skid mark on the jocks of automotive engineers across this wide brown land.
Hi fourcamman, did you end up finding an engineer? I am currently playing with this engine swap myself and have the following questions: Did you use the TR7 or TR8 Kframe? Are you able to share the engine mounts CAD/design? Cheers, David