Modded 1UZ into triumph tr7 convertible

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fourcamman

Hey guys
Doing an engine swap. Have the motor sitting in there and fabricating the mounts. It does fit and it should be all under the bonnet.Car weighs about 1100 kgs, so should go well. If anyone is interested, will keep you posted, and hopefully get some pic's up
Cheers

COOL!
will you need to strengthen the chassis being a convertable?
i have heard the 3500 rover V8 is fun in them, well the Lexus V8 is no comparison. in the falcon i have it is potentially dangerous and it would weigh at leat 200Kg more i would guess.
pics would be great, you did not cut anything? what style motor/sump are you using? and are you keeping the auto or going manual?
what is the diff you will use? if the stock one what is the ratio?
what exhaust is planned
ah so many Questions, take your time and welcome to the site,
if its not known here chances are nobody knows

sounds cool, got a mate with a race tr8, lexus v8 has more power standard than a warmed rover, I used to be into rover v8 (had a p6 3500s, still have 4spd an couple of motors) until I found the 1uz, aaaahhh, never be the same again. Welcome to the site, cheers Russ...

Hey guys

Sump is rover v8 (3.5) Nothing was cut. The oil pick up was modified to suit though. Going to put in a roll cage, 4 point at least with may be two extra bars down to the front from the lower section of the front hoop, for extra strength.
Other mods are:
4 spots from r33 skyline on custom gas adjustable coil overs (KONI)
5 speed turbo supra gearbox (r154) with manny's short throw shifter
KAZZ diff center in a falcon borgwarner (still have to adapt the rear callipers off the r33 to suit)
Recaro a8's
The 1UZ has JE forged pistons, custom spec from the guy who is building it
High lift, long duration cams ground from billetts (his spec again) lotsa head work, balanced and blueprinted
He's quoting approx 330 rwhp, and will rev to 8000 rpm all day every day.
Was going to mod the rover v8 but way to expensive to get a similar amount of horsepower, without the reliability,
Still a long way off though, been going for nearly two years now.
Would have been done earlier but got stitched up by this a--hole who calls himself an engineer. He turned out to be a skid mark on the jocks of automotive engineers across this wide brown land.

i'm sorry - you're going to have to post pics up now or i'm gonna have to ban you :biglaugh: (joking of course)

i mean - it's just unethical to tease us like this. :veryhappy

Triumph

hi, we have just fitted a 1uz into a triumph stag. no major problems, but lots of chopping.
we also have a TR7 with a rover 3.5 fitted (actually 5.2L)
it's a weapon
a 1UZ would be equally powerful, and a lot more driveable.
unfortunately we have to stick to the rover engine as it is entered in tassie targa and adelaide classic.

should fit very easy under bonnet, there's heaps of room

Hey guys,

didn't think this would cause that much interest? The 1uz in the stag should fly.
I was surprised just how easy the 1uz did go into the tr7,. I think there is one in SA with a 1UZ also, only heard about it at the "pondering stage " so I don't know if it went ahead.

Tassie targa, now that would be a dream!
Good luck with the stag robin.
I found that the best way to get an older english car moving was to replace everything. (unless it's a TVR)

Cheers guys

fourcamman said:
Hey guys
Tried to get the pic's up but they refuse to upload because they are "two large" (356 KB on average) :wtf:

Any suggestions?
Cheers
go to www.photobucket.com free to join, upload the pics to there, then copy and paste the "IMG" link that is under the uploaded pict into your post
for eg: here is a pic of my car

and when i loads it will show the pic

you can put the pic into windows paint, then use sketch and skew to make them smaller 50% on each of the horizontal and vertical would be a good start, save that then upload it as you would have been trying.

I don't know if this will work??
Image016.jpg
Image015.jpg
Will get more photo's, i lost 3 trying to do it in windows "paint"
Don't know if they will come out clear as they were taken with a phone camera
Cheers

fourcamman said:
I don't know if this will work??

Will get more photo's, i lost 3 trying to do it in windows "paint"
Don't know if they will come out clear as they were taken with a phone camera
Cheers
oops Sorry about the piant issue? i nearly always use it.
pics are quite good for a phone camera.

there is a heap of room next to the shocker towers, not like My falcon. looks great fun but Dangerous too.
thanks Dean