Mazda Vs. Lexus

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jake Breyck

I'm really only venting here but here goes.

I work on a race team on a fly in position, and during the last event weekend we needed some new break rotors for the car, (Miata) so we go to the nearest dealership and they don't have them in stock and tell us it will take a week, we explain that we are only here for the race, so that wont do, the guy makes a call and says, "i can have them here tomorrow morning" it did cost us extra and the guy gave us a call as soon as they came in witch was about 9am the next morning, aka awesome service.

fast froward to today, I'm reassembling my 1uz, and i had ordered a set of main barrings, all Number 2s, easy enough. well they come in this afternoon 3days wait. and i get two Number 4s and 3 Numbers 2s. ARG. the guys at Lexus tell me sorry for your luck, no rush shipping, nothing I have to wait another 3 days to get my replacement barrings to make the set complete. ARG again...

All in all Mazda bent over backwards when they didn't really need to. Lexus a brand that's supposed to have a name for taking care of its customers well, wont even lift a finger to fix there F-Up!

Mazda wins.

One of the problems i've found with 1UZ gear over here (being Lexus only) they don't really stock anything in the country, so any unusual mechanical parts have to come from Japan directly. Still, it only takes a few days normally.

Do you have seperate Lexus and Toyota spares places there? I go to Toyota Spares as they do the lot.

One of the problems i've found with 1UZ gear over here (being Lexus only) they don't really stock anything in the country, so any unusual mechanical parts have to come from Japan directly. Still, it only takes a few days normally.
Anything coming from Japan normally takes weeks, not days.
If its only a few days then its probably come from interstate.

They rarely airfreight things from Japan, its normally surface freight, which takes 3-5 weeks.

The thought last thing I ordered was fly in the other year, I guess I must have timed it well! Or it came from interstate and he was full of it...

I had a similar situation where i dropped my LS off for a kickdown cable install and when I picked her up I fired it up and instantly I had a MASSIVE cat leak... so bad it was deafening. Asked service who worked on it and no one wanted to fess up. Finally i get the master tech down and he gave me his word he himself would only do the job since he stated no one besides himself would know how do install it. So I find out a 20 year old kid like me did the job and the master tech didn't even touch it! All in all the guy took my procharger out for a test drive and smashed the crap out of my cat... and would not fess up about it. I know the guy never considered a long sedan with lots of power sitting 4'' off the ground might have some clearance issues?? Maybe it's just me :) So end of the story Toyota of Pueblo Colorado ended up forking over $1000 for a new Lexus oem cat...

felt good cashing a huge check from Toyota and buying a used one for $400 :)

Jake- the part guys at Toyota must have been hired off the streets... they absolutely suck, never met one that was very competent.

to kinda add to this.. I was now informed 2 days later, that there are no more #2 main barings in existantce, nore #3 so they sent the next size they had with no explanation. so i sat on my ass for two more days to find out they cant do anything. ARG assholes. Im done with waiting so last night i set the 4s in and plasiguaged them, they just bairly spec out on the very end of the tight side. so in the intrest of getting this car back running by this weekend im gunna put the motor togather, and im already planning to build another motor knowing i wont be happy nore trust this one.

Thanks Toyota/Lexus You Fail!

so basically your ending up with 2x the work because toyota could not supply a single bearing? That blows, I bet if you wrote something to corporate about your horrible service maybe they might look a litter harder for you? Raising a big stink up high makes the counter guys really nervous :)

Jake, if I were you, once you're needing oversize bearings, I wouldn't bother with Toyota/Lexus; I'd go straight to either King or ACL.

Having said that, Curt Aigner @ Elmhurst Toyota is definitely in the top 5 of all vendors I've ever dealt with, for car parts, or any parts for that matter. Not trying to be a poster child for Curt, it's just the truth.