Lexus V8 into Mazda b2200 pickup

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Obviously seen Cobras there - the one that stands out as having a very different engine - BMW.

did you ever notice my old car - was unusual

Yep the BMW Cobra was mine, sorting out the electronic with the two computers ( engine and box) , multiple signal Can Bus wiring, the suited ECU's etc etc was a nightmare. The wiring of the Lexus engines in comparison was a doddle.

(Mind you after getting the breathing on the BMW engine sorted out it went like stink...... like 835 Euro's speeding fine at Le Mans sort of stink). A mate and I sold the Beemer to fund the two Lexus engined Cobras ( one almost completed) and to stop us getting too many V8 withdrawl symptoms we bought a £300 LS 400 to tool around in and generally act daft.

I must have seen your car at some time but I don't remember it, although it looks really good.

Cheers,

Tony

That rotary 2200 should rip... or it could with some tuning! I used to race rotaries and drive Formula Mazda. It doesn't take too much more than a good understanding of rotaries to have some real fun with them. BUT they aren't practical for a street car that you want to drive everyday. A friend of mine has a beat up 2200 that I always joke around with him about... because I have an extra 1UZ engine but damn he just had a kid and such so he isn't in the mood at this point to make some crazy hopped up truck.

Keep us updated. That's a cool little street truck.

Nice car fragmented. (I won't spoil your surprise of what it is.) I was not even aware that the name had been revived, much less that it was such a cool car. After reading a little it seems only about 9000 of them were built?

Was very sorry to have to sell it - just not practical to have four cars on the go.

With the truck I hope to combine fun with work.

I'm in graphics and want to use it as a promotional 'wrapped' advertisement.

some thing like this