mazda b2500 with lexus v8 conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

brook

Is there anyone whos done this conversion (or a ford courier)?. Ive found a 4 litre lexus v8 (1uzfe) comes with a auto gearbox im keen to find a manual i just dont know what one i need. would a w55 supra gear box fit? Help would be appreciated. cheers

Hey. Oh wicked that be good. yea im still in the process of finding out what ill need and what will work so proberly wont be starting until about the same time, so yea ill keep in contact.

Any luck with info or photos of that courier u test fitted??? Any thing would be great help cheers

Attachments

• Charge.JPG
    Charge.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Car.jpg
    Car.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 24
1uz Ford/Mazda ute

This is the test fit gloverman was talking about.

Ok some issues I can forsee with this conversion:

Clutch master cylinder was fouling on right hand cam of V8

Steering rack and box need to be spaced out approx. 10mm

Log headers would need to be used.

Front Sump could be used, and modified to clear drag link

Oil filter would need to be remote mounted.

Radiator would be very tight up against front of block, fans would have to be mounted to front of radiator

I also think the brake booster was fouling however you could possibly exchange it for a Hilux brake booster.

If your using the W55 you would have to use the front shifter box.

There is bound to be more things, if i remember i will post. This could be a good conversion if its pulled off right.

Philip

Talk to Scott at Venom Custom Fabrications. He's got one as his daily driver/part's runner etc. His has got the auto though.

P.S. He's a member of this site, but cant remember his sign on.

this ute was one of the guys from the cartune company(glovermans workshop) and we were bored one night so just did a random test fit into it. We had heard it was a real mission to do but its not much different to a hilux really. the ute is for sale on trademe now i think as a rolling body.

id suggest something 3 core or 4 core from a diesel courier or b2* series ute. Pop in and see the guys at cartune cnr kent and empire street frankton. they will point you in the right direction. Im usually there most weekends too.

Hey mate, Ive been told I dont need a computer if i get rid of fuel injection and replace with a four barreled carberator. Is this true? help would be apperacated, cheers.

you will still need something to run the ignition. Some of the stock car guys run basic ignition boxes but many ran computers so I beleive it is cheaper and easier to wire the injection especially on a road car. Most of the bits need come on the motor anyway - It is also easier to tune aftermarket management than a carb and the results are better - smoother driving, better starting , cleaner acceleration. Standard management also works well and is reasonably easy to wire. If you are in hamilton at some stage call in to our workshop - 111c kent street. cheers

i do get some time on this forum.

Hi all ozvenom is a clue to find me lol. yes i am still very happy with my courier daily driver i have done nearly 50k klms in it now an not a single problem i have raced /draged it and generally tried to kill it all i have managed to do is break an axle at the drags a 150 shot of nos will do that.
there is manual conversions avilable for a range of gearboxes but i dont want to turn the forum into advertising for my self so email me for more info at [email protected].

i want to turbo it next just to make towing a tandam trailer more economical .

Regards oz.

If you want to give it some welly on a regular basis look out for a R15x series box as they are much stronger than the W5x boxes.

These are found behind the diesel 4x4's and the petrol V6's. They come up on trademe occassionally.

There are a couple of guys on trademe who list bellhousing adapters and flywheels and clutch kits, everything you need for a W5x or R15x manual conversion.

A cheap Link or factory computer will run the thing pretty easily and provide a ton of power and great drivability.

Matt.