manual gear box stock ecu

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ToyMG

I'm quilty I didn't read all the threads but I scanned through for several hours and didn't fing the answer.

I'm thinking of converting my 87 toyota pick up to the 1UZFE my question is, I want to run a manual gearbox and and the donor car (92 lexus LS400) is auto with traction control and all the bells and whistles. Can I just terminate the transmition wires and live with the trouble codes or will it work at all. Does the ecu need any speed signal to function? there are no crowns here (in canada) we only have lexus and toyotas to chose from. any help would be great. I don't want to go full stand alone although that would let me run a map sensor.
Thanks in advance
Blaine

Blaine,

PM Sideshow or Kdog they may be able to answer your questions. I'm afraid I have little knowledge/interest in the single ECU engines as we have plenty of Crown half cuts over here.

Good luck. I think there are some threads on this. Try a good look throuth every thread in this section.

i have wired up an ls400 with a manual gbox

had no probs
gets good fuel economy too

i recently wired up a sc400 1uz into a surf with manual gbox and transfer case
after the owner got the car finished he road tested it and told me that it uses 90 lts of fuel for about 300 kms

so i have to go check it to make sure its not in limp mode or retarding the timing all the time
he said plugs looked ok so its either fuel leak or timing retarded
ill see how i go
ls400 and crown 1uzs i have not come across any probs

i hope to find out what the prob is with this sc400 1uz

Hey, sideshow. Have you figured out the sc400 yet. I really want to put manual in my sc400, but if the ecu won't work properly then that will stop my project in its tracks. pease more info

i went back and found the o2 sensors were faulty

and he replaced them and i havnt heard anyhting back from him

so i guess its ok

its a toyota surf with a 1uz and manual gbox and transfer case