Making Room for TWINS!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

20s

What exactly am i going to need to relocate besides my fuse box, battery, and ps pump to make room for twins in an sc400, we have a big discussion going on over at CL and just want to see if anyone over here has an useful information.

Thanks,
Tom
[email protected]

I have read the thread in the other forum. It would be very difficult on the SC400 because in the driver side u have a steering rack that is in the way. Best would be a single turbo located in the similar area as the your air filter. I have measured and spent lots of time on this. LS400 is little easier than SC400 on Turbo system.

Getting about 300-325 rwhp would be easy, but after that you would need mutiple systems upgrade. Less than 325 rwhp, you can use stock fuel pump, injectors, stock computer. If you than that, you would need the above parts. Piggy back will be require to control those larger than stock injectors and supply greater fuel for higher boost. I think you would need to check if your engine is in good shape or not. That is the first step. Age motors are not recommended for FI.

What turbo do u suggest i use? Do u know where i could get piping and manifolds fabricated? I was thinking of upgrading my injectors to 440cc or even 550cc, using a walboro 255lph fuel pump, MSD Dis-4, the intercooler that u sell if it fits the sc400 just as well, tial 38mm wastegate, haven't decided on bov, what piggy back system do u recommend?

Thanks,
Tom

I am doing one right now.. but it would not work on SC400. Bigger is not always better. If you plan to run 15 psi, 390 cc would be fine. There many type of Piggyback u can get, just make sure u can control fuel and timing (boost sensitive).

You know, I have been reading this forum for ages. I suppose its time to get off of the fence.
I have been working on a crown 1uz for a couple of months, fitting it to a ford XF ute. It has 2 turbos hanging on each side of it and all the rest of the friut. I had a few troubles getting TO4's in there until someone said to me move the alternator.
And what do you know, moving that made way to get both the turbos snug under each side with the turbo inlets coming out at the belt line. I have Fab'd up a bracket that mounts the alternator high above where the air conditioning compressor was. It looks good too!
We had to raise the motor mounts, move the alternator and get rid of the air-con, we are keeping the power steering and the belt system works perfect. Funny how the turbos looked like they were meant to be there....
I am looking at making more of these alternator mounts, if there is enough interest...

tweaked said:
You know, I have been reading this forum for ages. I suppose its time to get off of the fence.
I have been working on a crown 1uz for a couple of months, fitting it to a ford XF ute. It has 2 turbos hanging on each side of it and all the rest of the friut. I had a few troubles getting TO4's in there until someone said to me move the alternator.
And what do you know, moving that made way to get both the turbos snug under each side with the turbo inlets coming out at the belt line. I have Fab'd up a bracket that mounts the alternator high above where the air conditioning compressor was. It looks good too!
We had to raise the motor mounts, move the alternator and get rid of the air-con, we are keeping the power steering and the belt system works perfect. Funny how the turbos looked like they were meant to be there....
I am looking at making more of these alternator mounts, if there is enough interest...

Tweaked, Great to have you :D now, how about some pictures?

SORRY.... my bad.... a turbo for each side... woops my bad england..
Yeah, planning on getting some pics together this weekend. Can someone let me know how to get them hosted and wot not, never posted up pics b4.
Just on that quad TO4 thought, I was just talking about that the other day to someone with regards to the Toyota V12 (of which I dont have much knowledge of). Bugatti have a V12/V16 and a few other motors with quad turbo's pumpin out stupid amounts of power, was thinkin of making a rod with a spastic setup like that. aaaahhhh, DREAMS. :p

actually, the bugatti veyron uses a W16 setup... which is basically 2 VR8's joined at the crank. That particular engine makes 1001hp out of the box.
btw, if you're wondering what a VR engine is, check out the audi and vw small V engines in the golf's and such.

basically, a VR engine is a narrow V design (15 degrees) with nearly overlapping pistons... hard to describe, but do a google and read up on it. Unlike a normal V type engine where inlet for both banks are fed from the middle and exhausts are either sides of the banks, with the VR engine, inlet for both banks come in on the same side and exhaust on the other side. And with a little engineering, they managed to actually make a V engine with only 2 cam shafts but still a twin cam per bank design with the use of odd shaped valve positioning.

Sortta went off track didnt i? hehe, it's just so interesting is all...

i'd say someone has a thing for bugatti's.....
anyone notice an american chev with 8 turbos hanging around the motor, pic have been floating around. now thats just dumb!
I went into a local "street n strip" performance shop today, asked if they had any ARP head studs for a 1UZ... never seen so many rev heads in a performance shop stare at me so weirdly!...

anyway, i gotta go n get some pics of this job...........