Making a 5spd LS400/Celsior

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Commander

So I own a Celsior. I want to put a 5 spd supra box (R154) onto the car the engine was originally made for. I can get my hands a on most of the parts:

eg.

TOYOTA QUAD CAM V8 TO SUPRA 5 SPEED.

Kit Check List:

1 off PJB 4154
8 off M10 x 1.25P x 45 long – Gearbox to bellhousing
1 off Bellhousing – BH 106A
6 off M 12 x 1.25P x 50 long original Toyota Bolts – Bellhousing to motor
3 off M10 x 1.25P x 45 long original Toyota Bolts – Bellhousing to motor
1 off Flywheel – Part no. FW 44 – CRS 1723
1 off RPM 1091 Clutch Kit
1 off Spigot Bearing – Part no. SB52
1 off Ring Gear – Ring Gear 07
1 off Thrust Bearing – VKC 3502 – TB 09
Pivot Ball – Standard Supra (Remove from original Supra Bellhousing)
Clutch Fork – Standard Supra (Remove from original Supra Bellhousing)
Release Bearing – Standard Supra (Remove from original Supra Bellhousing)
Slave cylinder & Push Rod – Standard Supra (must be a passenger side slave cylinder)
Slave cylinder and bolts – Standard Supra (remove from original Supra Bellhousing)

PARTS NOT INCLUDED IN KIT – TO BE SUPPLIED BY CUSTOMER:

Pressure plate used is Daikin Clutch part no. 950-602HD or PBR 1091N
Flywheel to Crank Bolts – You can use the original 8 off flex plate bolts if they are no shorter than 22mm as shown below. If they are shorter than 22mm you will need to purchase 8off M10 x 1.25 pitch x 25 long HIGH TENSILE BOLTS.

VERY IMPORTANT FITTING OF SLAVE CYLINDER:

NOTE: You will need to carefully grind a small portion of the aluminium sump away to allow the slave cylinder to bolt into position. Do this by removing a small
Amount of metal, then checking the clearance by fitting the salve cylinder to the bellhousing, there needs to be clearance on the slave cylinder and the hydraulic hose that connects to it. (You may be able to use the shape in the bellhousing as a guide to determine how much metal you remove BUT only remove the metal from the aluminium sump, not from the motor.)

I guess the only other things I need are, a clutch pedal, pedal box and custom tailshaft... (unless i've missed anything else) and a lot of time.

A couple of issues though. Firstly the Celsiors park brake is in the bottom left hand corner (foot brake) so i'm assuming i would have to relocate it.

Secondly getting a pedal box in there and doing all the labor

a. How much do you think it will cost me
b. How easy do you think it will be to do/time
c. Who can I get to do it

If anyone knows anything at all, any help is appreciated.

Regards
Simon

I have done a few now and they run well. I do it for a living and charge through my workshop so can't disclose all my secrets. I'm sure sideshow has done them as well. Cheers

The stock 1091 clutch won't last long behind the heavy sedan with a V8.

Look at getting the pressure plate upgraded to a heavier duty item and look for a better clutch plate.

Matt.