LSD failing perhaps?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

I believe my Supra Torsen LSD is making a grinding noise while driving around 60mph as it starts to get loud and vibrate a little in rear.. The noise and vibration is coming from the rear of my 1992 SC400 and it seems to get worse when turning left but nothing when turning right.. It's been gradually getting worse week to week..

Curious? What happens when a differential is failing can it lock up on you while driving or does it usually just give up the ghost?...

I plan on jacking up the back end of the car tomarrow and put it gear and listen as the rear wheels spin.. This noise could possibly be coming from another bad wheel barring or an out of balance driveshaft perhaps but it's a long shot.....

Anyone with experience on this? I am a little concerned about this noise..

When was the last time you changed the fluid in it? if it hasnt been for a wile (years) then go ahead and pickup new fluid wile you have the car up in the air. based on what you said, it doent sound to me like its the diff, your latter idea sounds more likely.

check the fluid you drain out of the diff for essecive amounts of metal bits, and anything larger then dust. or if now or little fluid comes out thats bad too..

if you ran it with no fluid it is possable you damaged the gears and this can couse the diff to lock up.

my clutch type diff is in sad need of a rebuild, although the way it acts doent relate to a torsen at all. mine just sorta goes into open diff mode when ever it feels like it.