Low temp thermostat for 1UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

CHe

I've been doing a bit of searching and can't find where to source a low temp thermostat. Does anyone know where to get one? I think 'Sideshow' had one in his, TRD one if I remember correctly. I tried ring the local toyota dealership.. no help at all.

Also, does the standard thermostat open at 82 degrees like it says in the following link? I thought it was higher..

http://www.yiparts.com/Part/es/NBNBC

If so, why does the 1uz's run quite hot (90-100C)?? I will add that I do have a 4-core radiator with 2 thermos..

Thanks in advance!

Not sure about running hot, mine runs very cool at around 80c, I was thinking about looking for a hotter stat for my application.

The next problem you may have is airflow through your Radiator. Oil coolers also help. TRD and Stant both do lower thermostats - But they wont help if the radiator cant remove the heat.

Cheers

i still have my trd thermostat in a box at work as i sold my ute without it
opens at 71 degrees
but throw them all in the bin
doesnt help if it gets hot
99% of people dont understand cooling systems and even us mechanics can get into strife sometimes and try to fix cooling probs and do the wrong things

the biggest cure to engines getting hot is a good large fan with a shroud
no shroud then u might as well go have a pull as it does nothing

another thing is water capacity y do u think old holden hq raiators are so popular

i tried alloy rad but didnt have much capacity helped abit but not 100% in summer
anyway 90 to 100 is still cool so y r u worrying
the new holden motors have the low speed fans on at 108 and the hi speed fan on at 118 so go figure its all for emissions
anyway fit as big a radiator as u can and a fan with good shroud

hey what size is each of yr cores
4 cores doesnt mean much these days
my alloy rad had 2 cores each core was just over an inch
so thats 2 inch width all up in the cores
u need to pull cap off and look at cores and check em