looking for custom work on wiring harness

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tyes

I am looking for a plug and play wiring harness with minimal installation on my part. I understand these things are not cheap and I also understand it can take quite some time to build. That is why I am inquiring about it now.

I have a 1986 Toyota 4Runner DLX 22re 4Cyl Manual Transmission and planning on in installing a 90-91 Lexus LS400 1uz V8 Engine to my truck. My current plans:

Keep my W56 transmission 5 Speed.

BAR the truck with engine since I live in California.

Keep my 4x4 transfers cases (dual gear driven cases).

Keep Air Conditioning & Power Steering

Anyone knows of a company or a person that comes highly recommended for this type of work?

Whats time is needed to build?

What is the quality?

How much it cost?

What parts do I need to supply?

Expected to be plug and play with no engine codes nor lights and run completely stock like if it was in the Lexus. Excuse me for the high expectation.

I’ve email Venom and I didn’t get a response back in 2 weeks. So I thought I post it up here. Thanks.

ty shope name Phoenix tuning in UsA or shidesow guy or glovman
me stuck in my 1997 ls404 v8 so i send em mail

Last edited:
I hate to say it but can you read a wiring diagram?

You should be able to do the whole lot yourself but the hard part is getting over the initial fear

Im sure I can, I’ve converted from Honda’s and Acura’s to Toyotas and I’ve wired up 10+ swaps. i unfortunately don’t have any experience with Toyotas. In addition I don’t really have the time. I have 4 kids that are soon to be back in school. Each of my kids has their little schedule and I hope to get this done fast. I would like to get it all done in a week and no longer. Everything else I’ve researched about this swap seems to be pretty simple, except for the wiring.

I am looking for a plug and play wiring harness with minimal installation on my part. I understand these things are not cheap and I also understand it can take quite some time to build...
You are definitley not talking about something cheap here. I have done a few custom harnesses with aircraft qality bits-n-pieces -but there is a lot of engineering that goes into a custom built harness that most people do not realize. You can either find a stock harness that you can modify -or you can expect to pay $2-3K for a well-built custom harness to suit your needs.

You might also find someone that has already done this swap -who has made their own harness and ask them if they could either give or sell the design or diagrams to you.

P.S. If you do not find someone who has made the harness previously -I highly doubt your 1 week schedule could be met. It would take more along the line of months to do it correctly from scratch.

-Also -I have heard that there is a fairly simple MS wiring circuit that can be found on the MS website. I think I have read that several people here on the forum are using it successfully.

Last edited:
You are definitley not talking about something cheap here. I have done a few custom harnesses with aircraft qality bits-n-pieces -but there is a lot of engineering that goes into a custom built harness that most people do not realize. You can either find a stock harness that you can modify -or you can expect to pay $2-3K for a well-built custom harness to suit your needs.

You might also find someone that has already done this swap -who has made their own harness and ask them if they could either give or sell the design or diagrams to you.

P.S. If you do not find someone who has made the harness previously -I highly doubt your 1 week schedule could be met. It would take more along the line of months to do it correctly from scratch.

-Also -I have heard that there is a fairly simple MS wiring circuit that can be found on the MS website. I think I have read that several people here on the forum are using it successfully.

I am sure a custom harness would cost $2-3K and I have seen one on a old school 61 impala with a LS3. Im not sure of the difference but that harness was told to be $2400.00 plug and play. Unfortunately I don’t have that kind of cash. I was hoping to supply my harness from the V8 and have that piece modified. Im not looking at getting it to be show quality just to only to have it pass California State Smog and BAR.