ln130 1uz stalling wiring issue

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

crispy

Hi guys,

90% finished this project months ago to point where it can drive etc.
exhaust everything is done. starts easy. seems to idle a bit rough. Everything is as per stock. 96' celsior1uz using its original box. The issue is that it seems to run fine, drives etc then out of the blue it will die. it then wont restart, just fires once. so what i do it disconnect the batt for ~10mins and then re-connect and she fires to life and is off again.

electrical details.

I have 4 relays. for fuel pump, injectors, coils, fan etc

Its been ages since we wired it up. When i get the engine codes they seem to be just o2 sensor related ones. the other thing is that the engine revs freely but when in drive and moving it seems to keep its self and low rpm- kind of restricting its self. (base map?)

anyway ive been super busy basically 7 days a week since i started the project and all of a sudden have more time so i just wana get it finished. any ideas would be appreciated. Another thing is we've got a few loose wires in the 1uz loom...... ive attached the image. from the left the traces are " black/red, black, black/white, black/white" and one more the neutral start wire isnt connected. Sta is connected.

I have a feeling that im missing 12v for my sense power wire? how do i determine which one it is.?

also i feel as though that its running on a base map... or maybe on only 4 cylinders? how do i test that ive got the correct power at all the right places.

or anyone else experienced the same issues?

thanks guys,
I just need to iron out these final issues and it will be reliable to take on the road full time.

cheers

Attachments

• hilux surf 4 wires.jpg
    hilux surf 4 wires.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 20
Ok well that's easy enough. Thanks mate. Any ideas on the other wires and what they do. Tracing wires is hard in these looms

those 96 models are a pain sometimes

I spent hours on phone helping a customer try to fix codes 56 and 57
he also had code 21 which was o2 so I made him get new o2 sensor and think this fixed most his problems
its amazing how good motors run when there is no error codes
fix the most important ones first them work your way down
or send car over to the smart side of Australia and ill fix it for you
heheheheh

ive also got an ecu if u want to buy for a 95 96 celsior I think
its hiding somewhere in my boxes

Jim. Can't you see it's not a celsior Ecu? Header plug in the middle of the ECU where 20 series Celsior are offset and a 3A model code where Celsior are a 50 model code.

hehe
I dont look at pin configuration
I just remember the wire colours in my head

ill have to see what the ecu I got is then
ill just throw it in the bin
to lazy to put on ebay

I didn't even look at the picture that's how lazy I am
ive been doing the vvti loom that sss sent to me this week
wish I had 10 extra hours a day to get thru everything

I got a call from someone wanting an apprenticeship but I had to say no
its way to hard to teach anyone

So If it's not a celsior what is it ? I just assumed it was because if the year, the fact that it's a 4 plug ecu. And it seems to match the ls400/celsior diagrams....
So the random stalling issue... Could that it be it being a sook because it's logging the o2 codes or does that sound more like a computer issue ?

In the near future I think ill need new ignition leads, and possibly o2s. When I replaced the alternator I checked the coils out. They were both ok.

Over east there does seem to be more conversion guys. We have a few here too but I've done 98% at home so I just don't wana give up at the end.

So If it's not a celsior what is it ? I just assumed it was because if the year, the fact that it's a 4 plug ecu. And it seems to match the ls400/celsior diagrams....
So the random stalling issue... Could that it be it being a sook because it's logging the o2 codes or does that sound more like a computer issue ?

In the near future I think ill need new ignition leads, and possibly o2s. When I replaced the alternator I checked the coils out. They were both ok.

Over east there does seem to be more conversion guys. We have a few here too but I've done 98% at home so I just don't wana give up at the end.

Sideshow and Gloverman earn their respective livings from these conversions and as a result don't give anything away other than sharing a few cryptic musings.

Anyhoo, have you connected that black/red wire to the ignition yet?

fix the error codes first if there is any
because that's the ecu telling u something is wrong

The 3A model code is for crown. I can't see the full ecu number but suspect its a UZS151 crown which normally have a viscious fan compared to a Celsior which have hydraulic fan. As such no code 56. Interesting loom as many wires are doubled up so you get the same colours next to each other. I sat down and traced a whole loom is about two hours so now have all the body plug pinouts. Most of the ECU pinout matches Celsior but some wires are different just to make life fun.

Does the engine idle up when cold then drop down to around to 600 when warm?
Does the idle flare when hot started?
Any trans codes?

yes many difffernet looms
my favourite thing to do many years ago was trying to find what each wire does
without diagrams
I had to hook up a scanner to the diagnostic plug and then test each wire and vey painfully guess and find what each wire did
but now there is so much info out there most new guys just need to learn how to use google because its all there

Well your right mate. It has the nuts to hold where a viscous fan would go. So must be a crown then. She is super temperamental. Getting code 14,21,27,28,29,31,78. Crazy thing. My mate that's done another one and has built about a million cars etc is getting a bit over it.

Found sense power wire. Now only getting codes 14,27,29 and 78. 14 and 78 are irrelevant. Sense wire gets ignition 12v ?

Not the alternator. It's a power wire that gives 12v to the mass air flow meter and a few other engine sensors. Since I did that the car is now only logging codes 27,29, and 78. But it's idling very low and running quite rough.... :(

Yer mate it's got 12v at b+. But now it won't start... Crazy intermittent issues going on. Hmmmm anyother ideas ? Cheers