Little advise on Ignition Coils

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

scotturnot

OK, Here is my thoughts. I am not sure what way to go on ignition. Naturally my first thought is COP's but its not really that simple, there is a little doing to make it happen. Sure I can do it or at least figure out how to do it but is it really nessesary?
What about a set of Nology wires on the stock system? Would that not perform well? Also wondering if there is any aftermarket coils I could replace the stockers with?
I also have considered the CNP's but those have the same setup configuration challenges as the COP's.

What do you guys think?

OK, Here is my thoughts. I am not sure what way to go on ignition. Naturally my first thought is COP's but its not really that simple, there is a little doing to make it happen. Sure I can do it or at least figure out how to do it but is it really nessesary?
What about a set of Nology wires on the stock system? Would that not perform well? Also wondering if there is any aftermarket coils I could replace the stockers with?
I also have considered the CNP's but those have the same setup configuration challenges as the COP's.

What do you guys think?

Scott, if you've decided to go with an ECU that has at least 4 outputs, it would be a shame not to use their capability.

Distributor based ignitions are just soooooo early 20th century, hehehe

Scott, if you've decided to go with an ECU that has at least 4 outputs, it would be a shame not to use their capability.

Distributor based ignitions are just soooooo early 20th century, hehehe

I seriously doubt nology wires would make any difference. These types of comparisons almost always involve an old, tired existing ignition system, compared to a brand new wires/plugs/etc.

If you have an ECU to do COP or CNP, then just find the most cost effective way to do this. With all those GM motors running around (at least here in the states) with CNP, I would think that there would be an abundance of CNP parts at low prices. CNP would probably help avoid the COP boot length issues.

As for me, this is probably the #1 reason I decided to go, right from the start, with 98+ motors. There may be an extra $1000 - $1200 up front, but for a factory COP -and- factory shim under bucket, IMO, it's more than worth it. (also, better head and intake manifold design).

I seriously doubt nology wires would make any difference. These types of comparisons almost always involve an old, tired existing ignition system, compared to a brand new wires/plugs/etc.

If you have an ECU to do COP or CNP, then just find the most cost effective way to do this. With all those GM motors running around (at least here in the states) with CNP, I would think that there would be an abundance of CNP parts at low prices. CNP would probably help avoid the COP boot length issues.

As for me, this is probably the #1 reason I decided to go, right from the start, with 98+ motors. There may be an extra $1000 - $1200 up front, but for a factory COP -and- factory shim under bucket, IMO, it's more than worth it. (also, better head and intake manifold design).