Lexus racing intake...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
justengt8,
would love to have the hp from a turbo or sc but have to have the 8 itb. you know, got to have the look. besides room is a real problem.
cribbj,
thanks for the website. looks perfect to me. what engine is that for your gt40? the toyota v12? how is THAT going to fit? even a shoe horn won't help. i would love to put a v12 in mine. what manufacturer do you have? mine is an rcr.
jibby,
originally i started with a ford 4.6L mod engine, still have it. way too big. not that efficient. NOT smaller than the uz motor.
anyone know how much hp the stock crank and rods will take?
thanks for all your help guys,
wes

Yeah Cribjj tell us a little more about the v12, loads off piccies would be very nice, some measurements also? I just spoke to a company in holland that can get me an engine just like yours, so I'm getting pretty interested right now.

this is going slightly offtopic BTW. so here goes again.

on the flatplane crank: If it vibrates the car to death it's not build good, there's a balanceshaft missing or the crankweight vs revs vs piston and rod weight is not ok.
Racing For Holland (jan Lammers) and his DOME Judd have been testing last year with the new Mugen flatplane V8 race engine for the 24 Hours of le-mans, but the engine vibrated so badly there we're numurous parts of the car that just broke in two, Lammers decided that that engine was not going to win any race and got a Judd. so the vibration problem can be a real pain, think about it if Mugen didn't get to solve the problem on their engine..... how are we hobby bro's going to???

Then again the TVR speed 8 uses a buick derived 4 liter alloy engine block and heads and a TVR build flatplane crank and cam, the problem with ignition isn't very big because one could just reroute the various numbers until the right order has been chosen (think 4 cylinder waste system), advance and retard curves stay rougly the same so no prob there, I think that can also be done with a stock 1uzfe system, and onecertainly don't need motec money to get that ignition up and running, and Omex 600 or 700 would do very OK also and those are heaps cheaper. just get the leads to the right cylinder and get both dist do the same

anyway TVR has no balance problems, and neither does ferrari nor cosworth etc etc so it can be done, the TVR uses no balance shaft and yes offcourse it vibrates but it revs heaps higher and easier because a flat plane doens't require counterweights and thus is very much lighter, vibrations are normaly cured partly with the use of lighter materials.
And also I think that there is a very good reason that flatplanes exist only in racing and very highj performance cars, they can put more power on the crack for the same swept volume, do higher revs end thus more power.
a flatplane V8 has exactly twice as much unbalance as a L4 does,

I would very much like a 1uzfe flatplane. why? the sound of a howling frari engine compared to the rumblebumle of a chevy for instance...... give me the frari anytime.

grtz Thomas

justengt8,
would love to have the hp from a turbo or sc but have to have the 8 itb. you know, got to have the look. besides room is a real problem.
cribbj,
thanks for the website. looks perfect to me. what engine is that for your gt40? the toyota v12? how is THAT going to fit? even a shoe horn won't help. i would love to put a v12 in mine. what manufacturer do you have? mine is an rcr.
jibby,
originally i started with a ford 4.6L mod engine, still have it. way too big. not that efficient. NOT smaller than the uz motor.
anyone know how much hp the stock crank and rods will take?
thanks for all your help guys,
wes

Stock rods and pistons on the uz motor I would say can easily and comfortably support 400whp...Some have even pushed 500whp with a fine tune, but I wouldn't recommend that much stress for long durations.....

Striker,
You are shooting yourself in the foot.
ALL V engines using 180 deg cranks have vibration problems regardless of no of cyls or cyl angle.

Then again the TVR speed 8 uses a buick derived 4 liter alloy engine block and heads and a TVR build flatplane crank and cam, the problem with ignition isn't very big because one could just reroute the various numbers until the right order has been chosen (think 4 cylinder waste system), advance and retard curves stay rougly the same so no prob there, I think that can also be done with a stock 1uzfe system, and onecertainly don't need motec money to get that ignition up and running, and Omex 600 or 700 would do very OK also and those are heaps cheaper. just get the leads to the right cylinder and get both dist do the same

How much are you going to spend manufacturing a 180 deg crank and 4 camshafts? And you think a top line ECU is not required. ("If you have to ask how much, you can't afford it")

anyway TVR has no balance problems, and neither does ferrari nor cosworth etc etc so it can be done, the TVR uses no balance shaft and yes offcourse it vibrates but it revs heaps higher and easier because a flat plane doens't require counterweights and thus is very much lighter, vibrations are normaly cured partly with the use of lighter materials.

So with our 4 cyl cranks we just machine off the counterweights and it will rev heaps higher and easier.
What lighter materials can we use for reciprocating components? Unobtainium ?

And also I think that there is a very good reason that flatplanes exist only in racing and very highj performance cars, they can put more power on the crack for the same swept volume.

V type race engines use flatplane cranks to allow a simpler,efficient and more compact exhaust system. High performance road cars? I don't really know but I would guess it is more to do with marketing than engineering.

This will be my last reply to this forum. If someone has a serious question that I may be able to help with then send me an e-mail.
Erol

Hey Wes,
My stock internals have produced ballpark 400rwkw but as it's been said, i'm not sure how long it would last if you asked it to produce that day in day out. Bordering on undriveable anyways so i turn the wick down to 320rwkw.

My car has lasted with 320rwkw for quite a while now and it doesn't get an easy life

what about increasing the bore on a 4.3L? any room to sleeve it?
wes

I think you should check out LA Sleeve. They should be able to help you with overboring. To give a quick number, I think you should be able to get away with at least 98mm bore.

Not to mention, the crank uses 52mm journals. You should look into offset grinding it to the Honda rod journal size of 48mm, that'll give you an extra +-8mm stroke to play with.

Hey RMS,

Yes I agree, but the things you mentioned I known for flatplanes.

The materials can be very much lighter for them because the vibrations which are causeing problems are 2nd order, 1st order is ballanced out by 2 by 2 TDC vs BDC per bank (where a 4inline has its counterweights for). because there are no serious 1st order balance isues there is no need for counterweights, 2nd order can be largly overcome by using lighter materials other than the cranck. at least thats what i'understand from the engineers.
the other thing is that various frari engines used 62 degrees blocks instead of 90 but that seems to be to do with the rpm that the vibration is hardest to overcome, don't really understand what thats about but hey that high tec engineering and I'm just a hobbiest.

so It could be done not at a small price but hey nobody mentioned that before.

The/My thing with the ECU's is that MoTeC is not the only one that makes very good stuff there are more makes at far competetive prices that can do the same a motec does, and in the end it's the mapping that requires a guru to get right regardless of the ECU, me-thinks!
MoTeC is very hard and expensive to get in holland and with the UK right next door most of us decide on Magnetti Marreli KMS DTA or OMEX.

thatsit basicly I can't see why a 650bhp 2L cosworth turbo could be controlled by a DTA or OMEX (both are in existens) but a 600hp NA 1uzfe cannot and require a ECU of those makes and needs a MoTeC, (if at all possible btw)

regards Thomas

this is getting to far oftopic btw

That Sure looks the buisness.

how did you get about the dry-sump oil pan?

are you going to video the dyno-run? would love to hear it.

regards Thomas

I have run into issues fully stressing an engine that wasn't designed for it. Increased wear in the camshafts and engine block. But this was a motorcycle engine, I hope this one works well for you.

Attachments

• chambers and  bowls.JPG
    chambers and bowls.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 7
  • intake port.JPG
    intake port.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 6
  • exhaust port.JPG
    exhaust port.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 6
I think judging by the look of the engine it's going to be put to some proper use so regular rebuilds will take into account stress related issues.

Well done Erol!

Looks good and didn't realise it was just a standard engine. Was it for mock up of all the extras before you get to grips with the internals.

What is interesting is the bhp curve. I know the original cams are for a heavy exec car but they don't run out of puff higher up (which I thought they would).

As 1ndecent says I can't wait either to see the results after head and cam work!

Thanks Skid,

This engine is so we can get out testing. Even has the spark plugs that came with it from the wreckers.

Has a nice spred from 5000 - 7000rpm

Will keep you posted