Justin Bell Drives the LF-A

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Welcome to Lextreme, and kudos on the LF-A shoot!

As you may know, we're a performance oriented forum for the Lexus and Toyota UZ family of engines. Despite these motors having a reputation for only powering luxobarges and stump pullers, our membership are extracting some serious performance from them, and we're always keen to know what's coming down the pipeline from Toyota and Lexus, from a high performance perspective.

It seems at the corporate level, there's finally more emphasis being given to performance again, and it's long overdue. Toyota has always had a grand history of high performance engines and race cars and to have abandoned that in the last 10 years for a "green" image, was a huge mistake, IMO. They threw the baby out with the bath water, but it seems they're recognising their mistake.

Now, if you could convey a message to the corporate gods at Toyota, they need to give consideration to bringing the European design studios back to fix the styling problem at Toyota. The Japanese just don't "get it", and probably never will.

p.s. The LF-A is an awesome piece of work, but please, fix those "raptor" looking intakes on the rear quarters. Give it some nice oval intakes, as Ferrari, Aston, or Audi would have done, and while you're at it, replace that hoaky looking, inverted pyramid exhaust with two nice chrome plated exhaust pipes, and you'll have a car that will become an ageless classic, as the Supra already is.

Welcome to Lextreme, and kudos on the LF-A shoot!

As you may know, we're a performance oriented forum for the Lexus and Toyota UZ family of engines. Despite these motors having a reputation for only powering luxobarges and stump pullers, our membership are extracting some serious performance from them, and we're always keen to know what's coming down the pipeline from Toyota and Lexus, from a high performance perspective.

It seems at the corporate level, there's finally more emphasis being given to performance again, and it's long overdue. Toyota has always had a grand history of high performance engines and race cars and to have abandoned that in the last 10 years for a "green" image, was a huge mistake, IMO. They threw the baby out with the bath water, but it seems they're recognising their mistake.

Now, if you could convey a message to the corporate gods at Toyota, they need to give consideration to bringing the European design studios back to fix the styling problem at Toyota. The Japanese just don't "get it", and probably never will.

p.s. The LF-A is an awesome piece of work, but please, fix those "raptor" looking intakes on the rear quarters. Give it some nice oval intakes, as Ferrari, Aston, or Audi would have done, and while you're at it, replace that hoaky looking, inverted pyramid exhaust with two nice chrome plated exhaust pipes, and you'll have a car that will become an ageless classic, as the Supra already is.

Have to say that was one of the best welcomes /intros I have seen. I myself am a car fanatic, so I am clearly a fan of the V8s and what some of the members here have done with them. Personally, I lean towards the I6 (love your tripple supercharger project) and the new V10, but the V8s are certainly a staple in Lexus history.

On the styling, the LF-A is definitely a project of engineers with a heavy emphasis on function, hence many of the flares, angles, ducts, etc. Coming up shortly we will have an article detailing all the aspects of the car.

While the magazine will not be entirely relevant to all the members here, hopefully we have a little something for everyone. We have pretty frequent updates in the news section which currently has some additional features on the LF-A as well as the SEMA vehicles if anyone is interested. Also, if anyone has any other input on the magazine, be sure to let me know

Lexus Magazine News:
https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/le...pub-share/magazine/html/Lexus-News/index.html