Its done!! T70 with a 50mm gate.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jibby, I agree that debate is essential, should happen, and adds value to boards like these when conducted sensibly and with respect.

Personally, I find it couterproductive when posters' main priority is proving right/wrong. That's just my opinion. I'd rather see people flag their concerns or raise their questions before embarking on ego-driven argument. I agree that public argument (the heated sense) puts material in font of people to make their own minds up but there's also quite often a 'comparing apples and oranges' factor that makes the whole thing unnecessary.

The objection I raise in the 4th para of my previous post is to the manner in which people debate, rather than the simple fact that they take issue or disagree.u

It may be that my line of work leads me to expect disagreement to be expressed more respectfully - but I'm pretty sure that's a standad I've always held away from work too. Maybe it's partially an Aussie cultural thing that I don't like to see people get loose with their respect levels when there's no accountability.

I'm willing to concede that I may be in the minority with my attitudes. I hope that this topic was already far enough off-topic that nobody minds me sharing them.

PLEASE lock this thread, how many more good men need to fall! (hahaha just kidding...but seriously, theres more drama here than on the O.C.)

240stu- You say I think it is counter productive when the posters main priority is to prove right/wrong. Again I must disagree...it all depends on manner in which you prove your case....Example

Thread - My stock 1992 SC400 has 250 hp and I only need to gain 50 more hp to get the car running at 300hp..

good reply - I believe your statement is incorrect. The reason being is that the car loses hp/power over the years and my guess is you car is now running at closer to 220-230hp

bad reply - Are you an idiot? Did you ever think that your old car has lost power over the years? If you think your car has 250hp then you are very lost or on drugs.. May I suggest you use the "search function" and learn before posting stupid crap like this you son of a b----!!!

Maybe the "Son of bleep" part was a little extreme but I think you get my point.. How is that first reply not productive?

Also I really think that there are no cultural differences in regards to expressing respect towards one anothers. One of my good friends is an Aussie from Sidney. He is a fantastic surfer and can drink me under the table any day of the week. We have never had words. The only difference I see is in the ascent... However, I do see a cultural difference with Middle Easteners in general ...

Eals4ever - Can you say Soap Opera? There is so much drama I am now reaching for the cleanex to wipe my tearing eye.. See ya-

Status
Not open for further replies.