Its done!! T70 with a 50mm gate.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool thread.

I must admit I got a bit lost but it was still interesting to read and learn a few bits.

Personally I think the torque figures are a bit high but I'm thinking from a transmission point of view. Torque is doing the work and if those figures were true it would have destroyed the box or diff by now.

Regardless though, an interesting thread and car also.

Cheers
Mark

Can you read??

That claim was never made.
It made 1500 + Ftlbs of Torque at the Wheels which is aprox 365 ftlbs at the fly wheel.
There is pictures but if you had of read all the posts you would know that.
I have turbo charged 3 1uzfe engines and supercharged another 2.
How many have you done????

Oh please! Dont get all offended, I wasn't directing that at you I was saying that to the crowd. I'm sure you would have a similar response if someone told you they made 1000+ ft lbs torque on their stock internals (Im not saying you said that, but thats how some folks took it). People on the net are too touchy in my humble opinion. It would seem that the anonymity of these forums has everyone ready to release their pent-up aggressions... Haha BTW I have never owned a 1uz-fe, an sc400/ls400, or for that matter any lexus/toyota product to date. . . Hope my shallow College Student pockets don't have you guys looking down on me....

skid said:
Cool thread.

I must admit I got a bit lost but it was still interesting to read and learn a few bits.

Personally I think the torque figures are a bit high but I'm thinking from a transmission point of view. Torque is doing the work and if those figures were true it would have destroyed the box or diff by now.

Regardless though, an interesting thread and car also.

Cheers
Mark
Mark,

Hows your project coming along ? First engine up and running, and the rolling chassis is getting the body fitted next weekend.

Cheers,

Tony

Attachments

• nick%20bmw%20exh.jpg
    nick%20bmw%20exh.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 9
  • nick%20bmw%20exh2.jpg
    nick%20bmw%20exh2.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 7
  • nick%20bmw%20exh3.jpg
    nick%20bmw%20exh3.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 5
Eels4Ever said:
Oh please! Dont get all offended, I wasn't directing that at you I was saying that to the crowd. I'm sure you would have a similar response if someone told you they made 1000+ ft lbs torque on their stock internals (Im not saying you said that, but thats how some folks took it). People on the net are too touchy in my humble opinion. It would seem that the anonymity of these forums has everyone ready to release their pent-up aggressions... Haha BTW I have never owned a 1uz-fe, an sc400/ls400, or for that matter any lexus/toyota product to date. . . Hope my shallow College Student pockets don't have you guys looking down on me....

i would be very careful with what you write from now on.

David may be protected by law in the USA by the ".com" on the end of this site, but sites have been closed in Australia due to the use of such vulgar terms against another party.

i have edited your previous post. that is two warnings. further warnings will not be given to anyone else on this thread. if the personal insults DO NOT STOP then IT WILL BE LOCKED.

period.

you can argue all you want about power figures, dyno multiplications, drivetrain loss - whatever. insults will not be tolerated AT ALL.

Oz,Els,etc.. everyone- If you are bored and want to seek out posting battles which can be entertaining at times, may I suggest you go to a good Honda Racing Tech Forum and tell them that all 4 cylinder engines are worthless crap and nothing more then an oversized lawn mower engine ready to blow up when turbo'd. Then humblle suggest that your V8 car will rip all your gas saving turbo'd go-carts to shreads, then proceed to post a picture of a good suped up V8 motor. Try that and see what happens...I promise you that you will raise some hairs. Oh and don't try the opposite on a forum like this one or on the Club...Oh and Bro's, you all need to chill just a bit on the insults on these learning forums....we don't play that here, respect is the name of the game... Also, no one looks down on you if your pockets are thin, remember money doesn't make the man, the man makes the money. See ya-

Sorry guys, I wasn't looking to put anybody down. I'm wondering if that term means something different to you Australian guys, because over here it can be almost endearing, I called my mom that same word yesterday @ dinner when she was giving me a hard time about my girlfriend. Anyway, I'm sorry oz venom for the rudeness, and I'm sorry to the rest of you folks. I'm definately not trying to get your site taken down. I didnt even want to be part of the arguement, I was trying to say that agruing online is "silly". But I don't mean to say either of you guys are silly, I am going to stay on the straight and narrow from here on chief! I'm a newb and know nothing, so take my posts with a grain of salt, ya?

ozvenom said:
That claim was never made.
It made 1500 + Ftlbs of Torque at the Wheels which is aprox 365 ftlbs at the fly wheel.
There is pictures but if you had of read all the posts you would know that.
I have turbo charged 3 1uzfe engines and supercharged another 2.
How many have you done????
mate i think people dont relise that torque figgers are normmaly quoted @ the fly and hp at the wheels

it dose sounds better when quoted at the whells but its just not the so i think you caught a few people off guard

great to see though

v

OZ says -

When you have driven a car with nearly 2 thousand nm's of torque and weighs in at 2200 lbs then you can tell me bull sh#*. I have and being able to light the the rear tyres at 120 mph is more than enough proof that torque is king when it comes shear driving pleasure.

OZ- That sounds like crazy torque, curious what car did you do that in that weighed 2200 lbs? What were the spec's. That must be one riduculous car..... and I thought my car was a little torquey...Mannnnn!!!!!

I need to learn how to quote and post, still haven't figured that out. Maybe I should be labeled as the dork and not some others...

Cobra

It was an ac cobra replica with a 1uz a rajay turbo 38 mm tial gate 50mm tial bov and motec ecu .
It also has gtr skyline suspension and brakes .
that 120 mph wheel spin was done with 225 x 18" slicks in front off 50 people.
When i put 285 slicks on it wheel spin droped to 100 mph it was a lot more drivable off the corners.
I am building a new cobra with an alloy chassis and awd should be a lot lighter.
REgards oz.

there is a man in New Zealand that dose a compasite chassis for teh cobra
he also has a side oiler mustange with a 671 on it :D

v

I've seen one or two real Shelby Cobra's here in LA.. I think they sell for around $400,000 original.. All engine and two fat pipes out the sides, the true muscle car... They are pretty loud as they rumble down the road...

very nice work

Well done mate, thanks for sharing and keep us posted on the upcoming Cobra projects!

Regarding the content of this thread: it's a shame that some people here default to trying to prove people wrong when they have trouble understanding things because the terms of reference used are not the ones they're used to.

Ozvenom is here trying to sharing experience and ideas which can benefit others... and I'm not sure whether it's a blessing or a shame that the medium of discussion 'the internet' prevents him from giving a few practical demonstrations of torque and kinetic energy - measured at the jaw perhaps???

Bottom line - it's offensive to try and jump on someone and prove he's wrong and those who do it should be doubly ashamed that they take pleasure in doing this via an anonymous medium - weak.

Again, congrats on work done Oz, keep it up and keep sharing.

240stu - I disagree with your forth paragraph (bottom line- it's offensive......) I think if you truely believe you are correct and someone is posting something that is not true or false and you know it, it is your duty to express your point of view however you so please. I also think you should state your facts with your arguments and disagreements. Some threads get heated because nobody likes to be told they are wrong, especially if they believe they are right...

At least in this case the reader and public can decide which is right and which is wrong in regards to the subject matter from all the replies and info brought forward regardless of the verbal insults that were exchanged. The info provided is what is really important, not the feuding for the most part. If you do not debate a false statement then you are allowing the public and all readers to be misinformed and that would be the true tragedy. Heated debates happen, but hopefully in most cases they end in a peaceful and civil manner. I say if verbal wars occures on threads then so be it as long as info is provided on the topic. Looking at the bright side of things atleast a heated thread provides some readers with entertainment and a change of pace from the norm if not anything else.. As long as it doesn't get to far out of hand. If that happens then the forum administrator needs to take control...

In conclusion even though this thread was heated, information was shared and some got an educucation regardless, now how bad can that be? This thread has value.....

Status
Not open for further replies.