Is 300 whp n/a 1uzfe possible?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Absolutely.

Rock-a-lex over at CL has a 2000 GS400, 4.0 with K&N Fipk intake, NEO fuel tuning and S&S headers reports a best dyno of 282rwhp 306rwtq.

This through the stock automatic transmission.

Converting to a 5 or 6 speed manual would likely get it very close to 300rwhp.
Doing some careful porting and optimizing the valve job should be good for another 10-20rwhp while not hurting the street performance. A small compression bump would add a little and make it crisper running. Going with full tuning of fuel and timing should give even more especially optimizing for 93 octane.

Now, with a stand alone ECU you could upgrade the stock connecting rods and run up into the 7000rpm range.

Add some mild reground Kelford cams.
Optimize the exhaust.

Optimized these realistic mods would probably be good for 340-350rwhp maybe more and be very street friendly.

Of course not much of the above would come cheap.

Oops I ment a 1st gen non vvti 1uzfe:eek: I wish I could convert my car to a vvti set up for a reasonable price because I would have by now.

300rwhp with the stock automatic transmission is somewhere between 350 -380hp at the flywheel. While you can reach that goal NA it will not happen in a "reasonable cost"...

Depending on how talented you and your FRIENDS are... the least expensive way to get 300rwhp is nitrous, supercharging or turbocharging. My preference is turbocharging as once set up properly it will make the most power and be the lowest maintenance for any given power level.

If you absolutely intend to get the most NA power for the lowest budget you will need a stand alone engine management and SOMEONE who can properly tune it. The 1st gen 1uzfe has stronger rods than the 1995+ years so that may be in your favor. Exhaust, intake, cylinder head port work, tuning and RPM will get you where ever your parts and tune can do.

you can get damn near 300hp with just a good tune on a aftermarket ecu.

See my post on page two.

RMS (Erol) made:

306hp flywheel at 6500rpm
270tq flywheel at 5000rpm

Here is what it took to get there on an otherwise stock long block.

Definitely a MAX EFFORT on a stock 1UZFE long block.

"Initial dyno figures, stock unopened engine, Slide plate induction, dry sumped,exhaust. Absolutely untouched Tokyo taxi from the wreckers, even the spark plugs that were in it! ECU is M800 Motec "

RMS00001.jpg

Erol_1UZ_Oran_Park0019.jpg

Last edited:
You absolutely should be making more power with what you have. I have dyno videos of me and my friends achieving 275 hp with a crap ass tune. With stock log headers. only mods were the ls1 delphi engine management system and the ls1 75mm throttlebody.

I think someones dyno is wayyyyyy optimistic!

best I got from my stock 09/96 1uz with headers was 170rwkw with a Motec M800 (stock ecu was 150rwkw)

Supercharged with 7psi I got 215rwkw

Quick conversion of kW to HP is multiply by 1.34
215 rwkw (x 1.34) = 288rwhp

4U, are you saying 275rwhp? (aka 205rwkw)

That would be incredible since the typical 1st gen makes apx 175rwhp (130rwkw)

Most 1st gens with headers, exhaust, intake mods and tune make in the 210-230rwhp.

The pictures above are not mine. They are Erol's, Lextreme member RMS, who built the mods shown and installed with ported heads and other mods to the tune of 500hp... so... he KNOWS what he is doing.

"Erol Richardson, 2006

Original Toyota 1UZ Block,crank,head castings. We are developing the 1UZ for use in the Euroboss, Ozboss and USboss open wheel race car series.

Injection: CNC machined 50mm Slide plate assy, Siemens Deka VII injectors.

Engine management: Motec M800, Motec 8 channel CDI, Mercruiser coils.

Cyl Heads: Extensive port and chamber modifications,at 28" test pressure prototype flows 190cfm @ .200, 251cfm @ .300, 282cfm @ .440, valve train assy is confidential at this stage.

Camshafts: 330 deg duration - .440" lift - .180" lift at TDC overlap,Vernier adjustable pulleys and gears

Pistons: Confidential (to our specs)

Con rods: Confidential (to our specs)

Flywheel: 6.625"OD 4340 nickel/chrome/moly, Tilton 5.5" 4 plate carbon/carbon clutch, weight 10lb clutch and flywheel

Dry Sump: CNC machined 7075 Aluminium,4 compartment,incorporates front eng mount to carbon tub. Pump is Daily Engineering, 4 roots type scavenge, 1 gear pressure, with centrifugal oil/air seperator.

Front eng plate: CNC machined 7075 Al, incorporates idler pulley and revised tensioner pulley adjustment (locked)

Adaptor Eng/Gearbox: CNC machined 7075 Aluminium

Exhaust System: RMS headers, 2-2-1, 1 7/8" x 20# 304 s/s, 38" primary, 2 1/4" x 14" secondary, 2 1/2" x 8" exit. I think they are commonly called Tri-Y.

Cam boxes are lowered so we can keep original engine cover and not disturb airflow to rear wing.

Engines and components will be available for sale and sump,gearbox adaptors etc can be changed to suit most competition vehicles BUT this is not a budget engine.

that's sad amount of hp for all that work.
the engine that did 275 hp, but I just found out that it was a 98 engine which makes it a 2nd gen engine. just a tad more compression..... and like I said it was a crap tune. We only had 4 ignition bins to spread over 8000 rpm so you can imagine how bad the tune was.
on a dead stock uz with only exaust we pulled 248hp 225tq
and on my 1uz I had some weird ass results on a dynojet. 200hp 260tq......
I haven't really had a chance to dyno a 1uz in it's original vehicle, but I imaging it's way way sad after 4 mufflers and 3 cats.

that's sad amount of hp for all that work.
the engine that did 275 hp, but I just found out that it was a 98 engine which makes it a 2nd gen engine. just a tad more compression..... and like I said it was a crap tune. We only had 4 ignition bins to spread over 8000 rpm so you can imagine how bad the tune was.
on a dead stock uz with only exaust we pulled 248hp 225tq
and on my 1uz I had some weird ass results on a dynojet. 200hp 260tq......
I haven't really had a chance to dyno a 1uz in it's original vehicle, but I imaging it's way way sad after 4 mufflers and 3 cats.

are you talking about an engine dyno or a roller / hub dyno? as your figures look like "calculated" flywheel numbers from a roller or hub dyno.

As I am well and truly retired I do not want to buy into this argument but -

The 1UZ I built was bolted to a Superflow ENGINE dyno and delivered 538 BHP.

If you want to compare engines then I suggest you take your engine out and bolt it to an ENGINE dyno.
Then we can compare figures and not kid ourselves !

Erol

If you want to compare engines then I suggest you take your engine out and bolt it to an ENGINE dyno.

Erol

lol "you kids get off my lawn"

134hp/ltr good number!

Erol

538 hp is more like it. I knew something was wrong with those numbers....
and yes, dynocom is a roller dyno.